intercranial pressure or brain tumour (desperate for info, maybe save my life)

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am waiting diagnosis from neurologist, and she is scared to lumbar puncture to get more info because of he possible consequences if it is intracranial pressure. I have been very past 4 months that started with a sore throat and fatigue and a whole pile of crazy horrible symptoms from being on the ground barely to breath for a month to hands now numb and weak n changing tanned darker colour ll the time. I basically been in bed for 4 month and only go to doctors when I go out. Was very active and social 42 yr old before this. Right now my temple muscle on the right side is swollen pretty big for a few months they don't know why (most likely not TMJ), slight vision loss in right eye, upper part. Only time I am ok is lying down on side like typing this in bed. I have hard time even going grocery store because I get dizzy, fatigued, lights and noise start bothering me like on just left side of body I am going to pass but not quite feel super strange, sometimes body feels light, get tension headaches sometimes. At first I thought it was TIA's that happened a couple times but not so sure now. Hearing goes off and on like they are plugged. i have had 2 MRI's on head, CT angiogram on head, CTA on chest back, echocardiogram, hard maybe a possible TIA after stress test. When i got first sick, ophthalmologist tested me, just said i might need reading glasses (doubtful since this happened when i got sick). Movement seems to bother my eyes and head at times like in a car or watching sports game or something. Other symptoms are feet go numb of bottom of feet, and burn occasionally (has got better), left leg gets weak now and arm at times, my toe nails have horizontal lines on them an colouration under is changing but it isnt fungus, diagnosed with lichen planus in mouth now. still jaw at times where my temple muscle is swollen. My ESR is always 1, tested like 6 times which i found strange. So probably can't be GCA, Most other tests are fairly normal. i live in toronto and because it is public health care system and cut backs it's extremely hard to get tests and proper care even if you want to pay (u cant here) though i have been to emergency a number of times. I am very worried now, kept thinking it was going to get better but it seems to get worse. Thank you for reading, Any info anybody can give me would be grateful.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.