Intermittent stomach pain and nausea following gallbladder removal

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed at the end of January but since having this done I seem to get intermittent stomach pain in right hand side and queasiness. Is this normal as I am 5 weeks post op and don't feel great some days I'm ok others I feel awful.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was exactly the same I'm now 7 weeks post op just started driving again last week and still sometimes get niggly pains that feel like a stitch in my side and lower back pain

• Posted

Im 6 weeks post o.p and I'm still experiencing intermittent nausea and no appetite. I've learned from the wonderful people in this forum this is a normal part of the healing process.

• Posted

Yes this is the truth. Major surgery. You will not expect to be feeling good. Just how you get from gb removal. Hang in there you will get better.
  • Posted

Hi Claire

Your op is still young and it will take at least 3mths to heal. Give your body sometime to heal. As for yourself and to others who just had their gallbladder removed you guys have to relax even though it might be painful sometimes. I am in my 7mths after my gallbladder ok I do experience nausea too if I eat the wrong food. Important watch out for your diet such as low fat diet. If possible go for small walks it will really help you. Take care and all will be well.

• Posted

I had mine done keyhole not open but it just seems to be taking ages to feel any better and I only had biliary sludge not actual stones.
  • Posted

Claire, I know it's been a number of months but I was curious as to whether or not you started to feel better? I had mine removed 5 weeks ago for the exact same reason(s) (sludge) and am still struggling with recovery, mainly nausea and just feeling unwell like before. Surgeon says this is not normal and I should be back to 100% by now.

Obviously I'd welcome anyone else's answers here as well. Will I eventually feel normal again?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.