Intractable Double Vision

Posted , 4 users are following.

Good morning

I have previously put a few posts on here about double vision etc. Did anyone know that Intractable Double Vision is so uncommon that all I can be told is I am very unique. 

I had squint surgery last year and it didn't go to plan so ended up having three surgerys but the double vision never went away. Now eight months after my last surgery they have told me it is unlikely to change and it will probably be perminant so I will never have the use of both of my eyes again as the link between my brain and eyes has stopped working and my brian no longer fuses images. I either have to wear an eye patch or occlusion lens to stop the double vision. 

It sucks, a year of trying really hard, numerous hospital appointments, operations etc. but no joy. 

Anyone else have this or no one of someone that has this? Really trying to find out how the fusion stopped working and why. I have seen two top consultants who can't tell me as they just don't know. 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer: Do not worry next week I will take my sister to her appoinment to get an injections in her eye and I will ask the doctor about your double vision see if he will recommand somthing for you and I will let you know. try to talk to your lawyer to see if they did somthing wrong when they did the operations and they do not admitted they will try to cover it up and blame it on your brain and your eyes. So speak to some one about it and get some advice to see what can they do to repair the damage that they done to your eye. good luck and let me know/
    • Posted

Hi thank you for your reply. What hospital are you going too? Is it the Botox injections she is having? I dont think they have done anything wrong I work for a Law Firm and they have been with me all along and they are as satisfied as I am it's not their fault my eyes are now perfectly straight but the images won't fuse together. I have had second opinions and numerous appointments and have been very well looked after. Any tips from who you are going to see would be very welcome though thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.