Intrusive thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

Can anyone define exactly what intrusive thoughts consist of? Are these random thoughts of doom? Injuring yourself? Someone? I'm just curious. I'm feeling great. About 7 months in.

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

TORIA

With no disrespect I've read many OF your negative comments about these meds, please understand folks come here looking for positive support to help them as we all do LOOKING towards recovery

YOUR comments can be very disconcerning to others who are simply just trying to get help and support

I KNOW I WILL always need to take my antidepressant and I AM not ashamed of it, therapy has never helped me, in fact I always felt worst leaving my sessions

THESE meds have helped millions ... AND will continue to do so

SO again with no disrespect towards you this forum may not be the place for your personal negative feelings towards these drugs as they have helped so many , I AM NO MEANS trying to be mean just want others to know there is hope and they can recover from anxiety

RESPECTFULLY

• Posted

im not negative towards the drugs im negative towards the doctors who nearly killed me by putting me on a toxic mix which i believe landed me in hospital with a suspected stroke which i was then ploughed with steriods for which gave me pychosis then guess what i was then again ploughed with many drugs which ive been in withdrawal from ever since, NEARLY TWO YEARS!!! which wasnt a stroke simply a bad migraine caused by meds, so please get your facts right! when i was at my worst last year i set up (a very successful) support group which ive been told has saved many lives, im sorry you have to live with anxiety and im glad the drugs help you, but for many others the drug is worse than the illness, i just want doctors to educate themselves and patients on withdrawals, because trust me ive wanted to end it so many times during this, and im still on 6mg! they put peoples doses up so easily but never help anyone get off or help if they poop out, take care x

• Posted

so in reality it was your doctors fault for putting you on these meds .i think you should blame the doctors not the poor meds.x

• Posted

These meds are a lifeline for millions and they work for the majority of people if taken correctly. Many doctors underestimate them and some do sadly give misinformation as I suspect they believe they'll work as other medicine - take a pill, no problem, feel better, end of problem. But the reality of taking these meds is far different.

However, if taken correctly then there's a good chance they'll work for you. It is trial and error taking them and it's usually months and months before anyone sees any small sign. Problem is many people rush through the meds, up the dose too quickly thinking the bigger the dose the quicker they'll recover .... but remember, these don't work like other meds. Often after many months some people find they don't suit them so that's when to try another meds and go through the same process. You cannot hurry these meds as they'll make you worse if you do.

These meds do not poop out - they work by hanging onto your Serotonin in the synapses between nerve endings - the meds do not and cannot stop this process at all until you stop taking them. What usually happens to make you think they've pooped out is that you start to feel stress again and this is the cause of anxiety. Anxiety can quickly follow and then the whole process of fearing anxiety starts again and you find yourself once again back in the cycle. Understanding anxiety and this process should be part of everyone's recovery.

Also the meds are not addictive and you can take them for life if needed. There is no shame, worry etc for having to take meds - after all many people need lifelong meds for heart problems, diabetes etc etc and these are no different. I took them for 16 years and they were a lifeline for me.

Withdrawal is another game to play. Again you cannot hurry this and it's best to come off by the minimal amount over a long period of time. It took me a year to withdraw and second time doing it this slow I had no effects at all.

Knowledge of anxiety, how to correctly take these meds and withdraw will help you recover. Incorrect use and you'll be forever chasing your tail.

• Posted

iam living for the chasing of the tail lol.so true kate .is been a while for another long post .which make so much sense to me.xo

• Posted

they do poop out its happened to millions of people! listen ive unfollowed the thread can you stop responding, i will agree to disagree

• Posted

Yes, chase the meds and recovery and you'll push it further away, but you caught the tail though didn't you

and feel good? ❤❤

• Posted

I'm talking about anxiety and the meds not pooping out. Often what is referred to re poop out is breakthrough depression (this is unrelated to anxiety), other medicine can interfere with SSRI's, another medical condition can play a part, age or even an undiagnosed bi-polar disorder. This is what can happen to millions of people. The meds however don"t stop doing what they do.

• Posted

These meds sure brought me from s really bad place. I also see a therapist monthly and it helps well. When I look back at my journey since August 2018, I feel like me again. Granted I had many ups and downs, but persevered and here I am. I take 10mg daily and feel great. Even better than I did at 20mg. I have moments, but they are easier now because I have a mych better understanding of anxiety( thanks Kate and Lois).

I can't thank you ladies enough for all your help and patience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.