Intrusive thoughts are back.

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been a while since these have happened and I know I must deal with them by ignoring them but was curious about if anyone else has these.

I will feel like I don't know how to do things, for example 'I need to shower the children but how do I do it? What order do I do things in?'

And same with making food or a drink etc, I think 'How?' and 'What order?'

I washed my hair earlier and now I am thinking 'Do I squeeze the water out before I put the shampoo on? What did I do earlier?'

I can't remember, most things we do are on autopilot and we don't think as we carry out each step of the task do we?

It's a horrid thing and does make me feel anxious but like I said I know I need to ignore it, does anyone else have this?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes derealization:\ it sucks
    • Posted

Horrid isn't it? Just have to accept it and try to stay grounded though, I find the more I let it scare me the worse and more intense the feelings get,really does suck though.
    • Posted

yeah same with me its hard to ignore sometimes ;(
    • Posted

I know, it can be very overpowering but it's feeding on our fear, it thrives on the fact that we are scared by it, if we weren't scared it would go away but of course it's very frightening so it's hard to ignore, it does pass though I promise.
  • Posted

Sounds like the definition of stress. Your mind must have many things on it and your having then symptoms due to stress. I have brain fog right now which I'm sure is from stress and am trying to forget about it.
    • Posted

It's definitely stress related, last time it happened this badly I had been through weeks of stress just like now and the mind gets so tired too with all the anxiety thoughts and feelings we have to deal with, I shall ignore it as best I can, it's usually effective at getting it to pass, I hope your brain fog lifts soon, it's a horrid feeling.
    • Posted

its scary how u dont feel like yourself
  • Posted

Hi. Yes, I have schizophrenia and suffer with thoughts and voices. Along with not knowing what is real and what is imagined.

I have antipsychotic, anxiolytics and AD meds, but at this point they are not helping. Like you I am trying to ignore them.. But it's so hard as I don't know if they are real or in my head. Is the person I think I'm talking to actually there, or not?? So should I be ignoring it or not? It's so hard.

Do you take any meds to help you?

• Posted

i think the zoloft aka sertraline is helping a little i thought i was losing it at first
    • Posted

Hi, sorry to hear your meds are not working, do you think it might be worth asking your doctor if you need some extra help?

I used to think this was schizophrenia but various psychiatric doctors ruled that out and confirmed it was just another horrid anxiety symptom, I have anti anxiety meds but they don't really help with this, it's just time usually.

I hope you feel better soon, it's awful when the mind plays tricks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.