Intrusive thoughts....are they really going to go ?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone me again so I'm on week 5 of sertraline 100mg still can't believe that my depression and anxiety have improved,hard to believe that 5 weeks ago thought I was and wanted to die,on Friday after some good advice from on here I was put on aripiprazole 5mg for intrusive thoughts......not sure what's going on don't feel they are as intense and have found I have some peace in my head at last this evening though I feel a little anxious and now worrying the thoughts are going to come back ....are they or is it just me ?,hope you all are finding help and reassurance on here and starting to feel better x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Katy

Next time you are experiencing suicidal thoughts... Please call a hotline or get emergency medical help right away! Suicide is never the answer... Im glad you're taking meds for this!!! I had suicidal thoughts once.. But somehow i managed to get rid of them. Try not to worry about the thoughts so much.. The more you worry about it the more likely it will come back. But if you have such intrusive thoughts please do yourself a favor and call 911 or a suicide hotline.

(US HOTLINE 1 800 273 8255) or ( 800 273 TALK )

Hope this helps!! If you need any other help or advice contact me! smile (via reply)

• Posted

As the old saying goes, keep taking the tablet's.

• Posted

Hi KatyF, the thoughts will eventually stop and you will start to feel better. I'm on 40mg fluoxetine and my negative thoughts have become less. With the anxiety we always worry that it will come back, but as you start to feel stronger it will get better. Take care

• Posted

Aww thanks it's been an awful time but think my confidence has been knocked so still a bit anxious hope you continue to improve

Best wishes x

• Posted

Hi Katy,

I'm glad to hear that your condition is improving. You've been on aripiprazole for 3 days - give it some time. You should notice that the intrusive thoughts are less and less intense and eventually they should go away. Also, if needed (and if you feel fine, have no bad side effects), you could increase the dose to 10 mg. 5 mg is the lowest dose that has a better effect than placebo, but I would give it at least a week to evaluate your condition.

• Posted

Thankyou so much,without you I would have died you are a brilliant and caring person I really can't thank you enough x

• Posted

hi

its me again i was doing ok but stopped takig the ariprozole as i thought they were clouding my judgement i stopped about 2 weeks ago but at the beginnibg of the week had it all come back its left me feeling very low i cant live with thses thoughts i put myself back on them monday but feeling no better,im worried i will never get rid of these im still on 100mg sertraline is it worth increasing this

thank you

• Posted

Hi Katy,

I'm not a doctor and so can't suggest you any medicines. But let me tell you what helped me and may be that can help you as well.

Eat well, stay sober and get a good night's sleep.

Go out for walks, meet new people, talk to random strangers and help them. Surround yourself with good people. And all those negative thoughts that you feel are not real. You have only good things to achieve in life. whatever you nay think, only good things will happen to you and everybody around you!

• Posted

Aww they are lovely comments thankyou for taking the time to reply x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.