Involuntary urine leakage

Posted , 10 users are following.

Anybody else experiencing involuntary urine leakage? I leak urine throughout the day, having to wear liners. I went to Dr. Google and told me it could be MS. please help 😥

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I know the muscles and ligaments of the pelvic floor change A LOT when hormones start being unreliable.

I am having spasms in my pelvic floor lately... I am getting evaluated soon to see if I need pelvic floor physical therapy.

Maybe something for you to check into also??

Please try not to worry...many of us have this issue but don't have MS.

Praying for you!

Sara

• Posted

First things first...don't Google! According to Google, everyone on this forum is dying of some terrible disease. I know its easier said than done...especially when you're worried, but it really just makes things worse.

Yes, I am 44 and have had urine leakage daily for the last couple years involuntarily. Some times are better than others. For me, I get bouts if interstitial cystitis which causes that more frequently. Always a good thing to get it checked out with your MD so you know how to treat it., but try not to worry too much. The body is mysterious in a lot of ways. Many things can cause many different symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Maria, i was told at age 47 i have ms. I dont leak urine,but like many women a cough or a good laugh will cause it to happen to me.

• Posted

No, you don't have MS.. I have to wear a liner at night due to some leaks. When I'm flying somewhere or in the car for a long trip, I do the same.. Not sure but those kegel exercises could help.

• Posted

Maria

It's too common in meno. It was my first symptom. Our pelvic floor gets weak and in my case I also have atrophy. I went to pelvic floor PT and one of the most important things for leakage is doing kegel exercises. The lack of estrogen takes the elasticity out of our bladders and muscles. I'm on a vaginal hormone to help with the atrophy and also feed my bladder (our bladders depend on estrogen). But doing kegel exercises helps a ton! There is a wrong and right way of doing them and I was doing them wrong lol. Google is awful for symptons but it's ok for looking up how to do kegels the right way. It'll take a couple months to strengthen those muscles but it does work.

Definitely get checked out by your doc but kegels are important!

Good Luck!

• Posted

dear gigi can u plz tell us how to do kegel exercises? can we find any videos

• Posted

Sabrina

Google kegel exercises. You'll find step by step instructions on how to do them correctly. The best way I can explain it is lay down and relax, contract your vaginal muscles as if you were in an elevator, floor by floor until fully contracted and hold for a minute or as long as you can without fatiguing your muscles and then let them relax slowly like descending the elevator. Do not use your stomach or butt muscles. If you need to, the first few times you do it insert a finger so you can feel yourself contacting and know you're doing it right. Also Google pelvic floor exercises those go hand in hand with kegels. I had the benefit of going to physical therapy for a few weeks but all of the different exercises are on the internet. Once you start building your muscles back up and are comfortable you can do them sitting up, standing, walking etc. Its not an overnight fix but keep at it and youll see a big difference and less leakage..

Good Luck xo

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.