Iron component levels.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I asked a question on here a week ago but no answers. i thought maybe i would try again. My symptoms of low iron have not gone away even though my blood tests look normal. i have pins and needles ( tingling) and im extremely cold all of the time, i live in Australia, and its anything but cold here at the moment ? Also very headachy. I feel,just like i did when my ferrritin was extremely low and i needed an infusion, after bowel surgery. i know i keep,asking this, but could my blood tests be looking normal but could i still be having iron problems?

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, its not likely that you would have iron deficiency anaemia if your blood tests were normal. Maybe you have a viral infection, keep going back to your Dr until you get somewhere.

• Posted

hi i am on iron pills too i get pins and needles i put my hands on my tummy the heat of your hody puts the tingling away i also get headaches dont take iron past 9pm as it can make you feel queezy too i take a paracaymel same time as iron pill headache not there or only slight im due another blood test end of this month but im on warfarin too as padt blood clotts so on it for life my doctor made me do a stool test incase i was losing blood my blood picked up a good bit but he still wants me to get a camera up my rear end to make sure im hoping second count is real good then i can refuse hope this helps you

• Posted

Looking at you previous thread it looks like you do have the potential for iron deficiency anaemia. Your results can be normal but low in the range and cause symptoms. Hard to tell without results.

• Posted

Thanks Jenny. Could i pm you my results? You seem to understand what i mean.

• Posted

Jenny. My results say normal but i feel exactly like i did when my ferritin was extremely low after bowel surgery. Thats all healed and fine now.

• Posted

how to do what???

if her iron is 15.8 thats still way too low.

mine is 8.0 & its suppose to be between 30-80

• Posted

So that is low? So that could be causing g my all over tingling i had when my ferritin was extremely low?

• Posted

Different laboratories have different ranges. My local laboratory has a range from 8-28 which would make 15.6 well in range.

So it depends on what the ranges the lab gave. However your Ferritin is low and some people they will have no symptoms and for others they will.

• Posted

HI jenny . have messaged you. worked it out. yes its strange because they say in reports its all,normal but i dont feel like it is at all. i have pins and needles and stranhge sensations just like i did when my ferritin n was bery low. its driving me mad. thanks for the reply.

• Posted

Thanks for the PM. At first glance your results look the best they have been for years. Have you tested B12 and Folate?

• Posted

Yes they said all normal. I'm trying to find the b12 abd folate but i can't see them. I'm sure he said they were normal. I'm seeing him tomorrow so I'll ask. Thanks for reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.