Irregular bleeding on contraceptive pill

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've been on the combined contraceptive pill for around 6 years. However for the past 9 months i've experienced irregular bleeding. This started with on/off light bleeding or brown discharge for 2 months at the beginning. My doctor has changed my pill twice since then, the bleeding has becomes less but seems to follow a pattern of bleeding during the pill free week, this stopping when restarting the pill, but then again light bleeding / brown discharge halfway through the pill pack. DR did take swabs for infections at the beginning but only came back with thrush treatment. I'm becoming increasingly concerned as to whats causing these changes. Any suggestions, knowledge or similar experiences would be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.