Irregular calluses on penis, under glans. (Warning, NSFW picture)

Posted , 3 users are following.

-Long text incoming, please hear me out. I try to explain to the best of m abilities but I'm not a native English speaker.-

Hello,

I am a 30yo male with a weird condition on my penis, which I have never found the answer to as to WHAT exactly it is and how to treat it.

I have posted a picture (including a picture link if upload fails) below, so beware if you do not want to see this!!

I'll try to explain what it is:

For many years, I have had these (what I call) "ingrown calluses" on my (uncut) penis, located right below the glans. They started off very small but then grew larger like in pic below. They don't really hurt but they are a bit sensitive sometimes.

Even though it somewhat looks like genital warts, I am quite sure they are not, since the symptoms etc. do not match up at all.

The first one, (right on picture, located near the frenulum), I have had for many many years now. Started when I was about 16yo, but since I was very embarrassed about it I never told anyone and just learned to live with it, as I have not been sexually active in all these years anyway.

As you might notice, this has already formed scar tissue because I never really properly treated it.

The second one (left on the picture) has come about 5 years ago and is basically the same thing as the other one, just not as "evolved", for a lack of a better word...

As to what it might be, I have always thought it was formed because of very frequent masturbation, as I do masturbate almost daily, and those 2 callused areas are pressure points where I probably rub the most and friction is highest, so to speak.

Although I have tried not masturbating anymore for a bout a month, I did not see a lot of results aside from less callused skin "growing" on it (since there was no more friction). Maybe I should've waited longer, I don't know...

The things I have done to "treat" it:

Apple cider vinegar (a known "cure" for genital warts)

Not masturbate for about a month, with very few result.

Furthermore I used many types of creams and ointments for scars and/or calluses.

Lastly I tend to cut away newly formed callus, formed because of friction.

Now yes, I realize I should've gone to a doctor already and that I'm a very stupid person for not doing this, but I have had my reasons (mainly financially, and mentally).

Now I really want to do something about it since this puts a huge damper on my well-being. I'm being close to dating someone and might be getting sexually active with them somewhere in the next coming months, and I don't want to scare them off.

I am very embarrassed, even if I would go to a doctor I wouldn't know what to say (e.g. why haven't I come sooner instead of waiting so many years, etc...)

I may sound like a big baby but mentally I can't handle going to a doctor with this because of being embarrassed about the affected area.

That's why I try to get answers here first, does anyone have a clue on what this might exactly be? Did anyone else have this happen and have you treated it?

If not I will consider a doctor but this is a last resort kind of thing, I want opinions first...

Thanks.

PICTURE LINK (NSFW):

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This could be cancer as the worst case scenario and the longer you wait the worse it might be for you. You should take control and visit a trained and well experienced professional regardless if you are embarrassed or not!  

The focus is always on treating the patient first, that’s the job title.

The first time I visited a Urologist, I went to one like I had a bullet in my lung.

I mean I told him I can’t explain  that easy and to take a look before we get into detail because I’m all banged up down there, he cut the small talk and went straight to what he was trained to do.

After words he asked me a few questions, like what happens lol 

On this stage,  you provide the whole truth.

I believe with you’re examination,  he will give his theories based on experiences or furthermore  a diagnosis will be complete after a  biopsy.

Bottom line, it won’t look like a penis for to long if you don’t treat it on time and you will lose a beautiful chance of meeting something special.

• Posted

Go on to the doctor....they have seen worst but go before it gets worst.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.