irregular heart beat/extra beats

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. 

So my ecg has come back today and showing not normal I have extra beats and they want me to be referred to a cardiologist. . I thought extra beats were normal so why do i need to to see one? I'm so nervous and I'm feeling so sick but got ages to wait for my appointment. Someone please reassure me sad 

Google is evil

sad

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did you know that palpitation can be the cause of a irregular heartbeat.

Maybe on the day you went for your ECG you where a little anxious. You will be going to see the cardiologist so they can monitor your heartbeat and find out what is causing it....Even if they think it anxiety related,they won't want to take any chances and will want you to have all the relevant test just to rule everything else out.

Please try to stay calm. I've had my blood pressure taken twice in one day and one time it was perfect and another time it was sky high. 

• Posted

Thanks gillian.. just so scared there going to say something bad also got told I have anemia loads going on.. Could this all be anxiety causing proper problems? I just wish I could wake up and feel normal and fine!!! Ah! ! Not taken my valium today cos I need a glass of wine!!! Lol xx
    • Posted

Lol a little bit of what you fancy,does you good so they say.

Emma honestly..if it was anything he was totally worried about,you wouldn't be having to wait for your appointment,you would of been sent for test or whatever and seen to right away. When it comes to your heart,they have to take it seriously.

I'm thinking there was a slight irregularity and they just want it checked out.

Sometimes we don't even feel very anxious but it's still all going on for our little minds and tickers. I'm sure it's anxiety related xx

• Posted

I have a small support group on Facebook Emma which a few people off the forum have joined. You are very welcome to join if you like. Anybody is. It's a closed group so only group members can see your posts or comments. It may not be your thing. I know some people don't let facebook.

Its called Mental health support group(A problem shared).

xx

• Posted

Try to stay calm Emma if it was anything too serious they would have sent you to see someone straight away no waiting! Stay positive xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.