Irregular heartbeat and heart palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi i wondering if anyone else out there gets irregular heartbeat and palpitations from anxiety and panic attacks? My doctor said as I'm still to young didn't want to put me on any medication for this as I'm still quite young so I've just started having counselling sessions for this to see if it my anxiety or there is something wrong with my heart! I've had past ECG in hospital but never really picked anything up so now I've just got an appointment through for a couple of weeks time for having my heart monitored for 6 days whilst getting on with my everyday life.Its just starting to get me down now as I'm such a busy person who loves to be out doing things and just lately it's stopping me from going out certain places. πŸ˜”

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes its anxiety sweet girl.. I have the same issues also. I just started meds and start CBT therapy on Monday.. Try breathing concentrate on it listen to meditation music off you tube. Try to focus on happy thoughts.. Its all normal feelings from anxiety/panic attacks. Hope you get better soon. ❌❌❌
    • Posted

thanks for replying i joined this forum today as sometimes talking to people who go through the same thing helps all my friends are supportive but it's hard as they don't understand and when I'm out with them and in busy places like bars and clubs i sometimes have to leave 😞😞😞 I'm off to Manchester next weekend for a night out I'm really wanting to look forward to it but i know once i get there anxiety is going to affect me and i will want to come home,i know worrying about it before it's even happened isnt ideal it's such such a vicious circle!!! X 
    • Posted

Yes its vicious but we will win the fight.. My anxiety is from health even thou I've had tons of test and all normal I still tend to worry but its getting better for me. Just trying to get used to the side affects to my med. Which does help me a lot. Good luck and remember anxiety won't kill you and all your worries are superficial. 😘
  • Posted

How old are you. I get that but every time I have an ecg it comes back that it is all ok
    • Posted

hi im 32 in Dec and yeah my ECG showed normal though one night i woke up and i was home on my own and my heart was racing and skipping and could hardly breath my mum came straight over and rang me an ambulance they came and did ECG in my house and it showed on there irregular but when they took me to hospital it showed normal when they did them! 😒 how old are you?? 
    • Posted

I wondering why they think you are too young for medication as they wanted to put me on depression/anxiety tablets and I'm only 28. I get a racing heart, sometimes wierd irregular, but always shown up ok on ecg, I've been told I have health anxietyΒ 
  • Posted

I wouldn't let anxiety about your health hold you back but try to work it out in counselling and live your life once more.

Richard

• Posted

I'm hoping counselling will sort it out once and for all so i can get on with my everyday life it never affects me at work though but i think that's because I'm lead of the baby unit and we look after 18 babies everyday so I'm so busy i don't get chance to think about my anxiety as i believe it's just mind over matter!Β 
  • Posted

Hi Amy I'm 24.. and I'm currently having problems with eptopic beats they are there everyday wether I'm relaxing or watching tv.. tends to be worse after I've eaten strangely.. I've had ecgs heart scans everything but they never find anything apart from eptopic beats having another 24 hour ecg on Monday.. It ruins your life cos they send me really dizzy.. and obviously panicky.. i just want to live normal. . What does your heart do? XxΒ 
    • Posted

Hi Emma i get them after eating sometimes especially if it's a big meal or eating out in a pub or restaurant,my heart just skips beats sometimes it can go on for hours and it beats so fast I'm worried it's going to stop! I also get bad the day after drinking it does it all day so i haven't drank since earlier this year I've just gone on nights out with soft drinks only lol x
  • Posted

if you have a full day like you do at work then the anxiety will disappear.Β  Maybe you bring work home and start worrying a bit? I don't know.Β  But at least you are in control at work. good start.

R

• Posted

Yeah i guess it find its more when I'm out in busy places or away from home but can't even pin point anything as i have had them at home before as well! Do you suffer from them as well?Β 
  • Posted

not so much but I have had bad anxiety in the past. Much better now

R

• Posted

Well I'm glad there much better for you now and i hope one day that will be me writing that on here 😊
  • Posted

thanks amy you will get there one day it is all about mind over matter and perseverance

R

• Posted

Thanks as well Rich just talking to you all about it helps in its own little way 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.