Irregular pulse

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi just wondered if anyone else gets this. Sony have developed a habit of checking my pulse a lot ovwr the past week I have noticed that it's not always regular sometimes when I check it it is irregular feels like skipped and extra beats. It doesn't go to fast or to slow when I feel this is always going n at a prity regular pace any ideas.

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

I too have a bad habit of checking my pulse! It's scarey cuz I have made the habit of when I check it my heart flutter or like skipps a beat!!!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's terrible isn't it so scary have you went to your doctor to tell them about it? I don't really feel it in my chest it's only when checking my pulse so if I didn't check my pulse I wouldn't know haha but just worried it's something wrong
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If anyone took their repeatadly they would notice fluctuations, the fact that you are concentrating on it and focusing on it will likely affect it too. stop checking it and youll be fine
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Exactly. Those of us with anxiety tend to "over think" we can become obsessive/compulsive.  Anxiety strikes, "oh could I be having a heart attack (in high anxiety situation) Thus we use a compulsion, "I need to check my pulse to make sure that it is not a heart attack!"  You may seek counseling for this. You will find that it will tend to be more mental disorder than physical.  Read self help books about anxiety.  They will give you ideas what your suffering from and how to deal with it.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have been checking mine for 3 months apparently rates do change with stress, I was in a and e few weeks back as mine was 98 wen normally around 68 scarey but all OK.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The pulse is a poor way to figure out much of anything. It will race if yur nervous, it will raise from medicine. It calms down if you calm down. Mindfullness can slow it doqn. Dont bother using it as a measurement of anything. Keeping hydrated and daily exercise is the answer to regulating it.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is nothing irregular at all, it just seems liek anxiety. Your heart changes pace all the time, even when sitting or lying down. If you need anything, feel free to message me on here or send me a PM.

All the best!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up