Irregular regular periods

Posted , 4 users are following.

My periods started becoming a bit irregular about 3 years ago and last year was actually skipping a month for a few months and then all went back to regular ,is this all normal ? No other symptons

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ruth, What i have found there is no such thing as "normal".  I was very rerular for many years. Then 2 years ago I had very light periods, which was great. Then i stopped for 4 months. Then I started spotting on and off. Then i got a really heavy period and the next one even heavier. Now I have been bleeding on and off with clots for a month.  I don't have anything wrong with me. Just the change. So buckle up and see what changes happen for you.  I know I have had a drop in progesterone and have been taking cream for that. I also drink red raspberry tea to tone and strengthen uterus.

• Posted

Thanks for sharing I thought cos went irregular and then missing every other month it would just get further apart not all go back to regular as clockwork so to speak 🙂

• Posted

Very common Ruth. Mine slowly tapered to one every other month, then three, and finally six months between periods till they stopped.
    • Posted

Yh mine eete heading that way and now all turned back to regular like they were before all this started 🙂

• Posted

Enjoy it while you still have some hormones. I know that's hard to understand, but trust me. There will come a time when you'll be begging to feel like your old self. Menopause isn't easy.

• Posted

Hi gailannie

You replied to my post "changes" about a wk ago.

I started a light period on 21st April and im still on now! I usually last 3/4 days on a regular period. Atm i have nothing then in the middle of the day i will bleed when i go for a pee. Then i dry up again!? Its driving me mad. Just when i think ive stopped i start again! Is this normal and will i ever finish this period? 😢 feel tired but am fine otherwise.

• Posted

Yes Elaine you will.  This is often just a very out of sink system.  In perimenopause I once bled pretty heavy for 10 days.  It would slow, thought it stopped and then BACK AGAIN.  Not a lot of fun, and very frustrating.  

Since your cycle has been irregular for 3 years now, you can expect some of these ups and downs.  Do you have clots?  That would indicate your progesterone is low, or going lower.  

• Posted

Ive always had regular periods upto Jan of this year when I lost Mum 😢

But some years ago i had heavy periods and lost clots. It would just gush when i got out the car! Was horrible. Then my periods became lighter and lasted just 3/4 days.

This year im all over the place. This period is so light. One minute im bleeding then the next ive dried up! Its weird. So i dont know if im nearing the end of the road or not?

Thanks for your advice ?

• Posted

Well, you didn't mention your age.  Average age is 52 1/2 for menopause.  But your erratic cycle for several years and definately indicating a disturbance.    And your grief certainly isn't helping.  Emotional stress can even show up in cycles for young women.   But since changes started before the loss of your mom, that indicates this isn't all stress related, but age related as well.   

I remember that bleeding, dry up, bleeding again, pattern you are describing. Frustrating for sure.  

• Posted

I am 53 at the end of this month.

Did you finish your periods after the drying up then starting again stage?

It is really annoying 😕

• Posted

Elaine, oh Honey....53!  Ok yes, you are getting to the end!  Woundn't suprise me if this ends pretty darn quick.  Obviously you are getting some estradiol to stimulate your uterus, but are severely lacking progesterone, which is causing this sort of bleeding pattern.  

Put your feet up, take it easy and it should stop. Somehow, I bet this is the last hooray, and you'll be done. 

• Posted

I hope im near the end! Had enough now 😕

Thanks again for your advice.

E. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.