Irritable and Angry

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started taking Mirtazapine about a month ago. Everytime i take it my head feels foggy ( not sure how else to explain it ) it also makes me very irritable and angry. anyone have any problems like this ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Defiantly, was originally prescribed 15mg but experienced what you are describing. Doctor said to take half (7.5 mg) much better now. That was about a month ago. Feel better, lots of energy and sleeping well.

Re irritability can totally relate to this. I have to be conscious of my moods. Sometimes I see red and loose it. It is a side effect. Deep breath and count to ten. Its not worth it - let it pass. Good luck and hope you start feeling better x

• Posted

Hi I felt the same so reduced it to 7.5mg then to every other night, I felt irritability at first but this passes. The drug does help particularly with sleeping. It certainly helped me feel more in control.  Good luck 

• Posted

Unfortuantly it does not help me with sleep, i just feel very groggy in the morning which dosen't help with the irritability or anger. im currently on 7.5 maybe i will try it everyother night.
    • Posted

Ever considered PROPANANOL? ...for me I chose to come off ADs/Mirtazapine as I felt it was making me worse with little or no noticeable positive benefits.

Instead I use Propananol which as far as meds go ...I sense/feel a positive benefit in taking. Also I don't seem to experience any complications or negatives in taking.

Note though ...Mirtazapine can be a hard drug to come off ...with many challenging withdrawal symptoms being reported by a number of members on here.

Above are just my humble thoughts ..ultimately you and your GP/Doctor will decide what's best for you.

Best wishes and much peace!

• Posted

I will ask my doctor about Propananaol. as for comming off it i have no problem it's been 4 days since i have taken it. i also felt that it has been worse for me and seen no real positive changes. Doctors appointment in a few days so i will see what they think.
    • Posted

That makes sense ...thanks for reply!

Wishing you a more peaceful and settled day tomorrow!

Stay strong!

• Posted

Yes! ...

Add emotional + incessant negative thinking and overwhelming gloomy thoughts...

Much Peace!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.