Irritable bowl or not

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed by gp as having ibs but not a lot was done to get to  get to this diagnosis, can I please get some advice . I get bloating and wind and keep getting pains in both sides of lower stomach, also through out the day I have waves of nausea come over me and sometimes my stomach feels really empty and hungry like feeling. My stomach feels constantly bloated and the pains can also be quiet sharp. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  Your doctor may feel confident in his diagnosis to have decided on IBS with only a few tests.  What tests did you have?  I had a urine test, celiac test, ultrasound, fecal calprotectin and h pylori stool test.  All were negative.  I have had sharp pains with my IBS along with dull, deep grinding and sore to touch pain.  I havw also had waves of nausea and back pain.   My pain moves about.
  • Posted

Michelle

What did your GP recommend ?

Have you been told to change your diet ? Has your GP recommended any medications ?

BOB

• Posted

Gp advised to eat a bland diet and cut out fibre. He gave me colflac pills to take or advised to get buscopan 
    • Posted

Hello Michelle

Your GP is progressing down a well trod pathway and this walkway is a good way to help you control your problems. It will take time, and to be honest I suffer IBS if stressed sometimes.

Follow your GP advice Buscopan is a good medication that can help, if I remember well this medicine can be purchased without script

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Hi Michelle, ask to see someone else, since when was your doctor a dietitian? Cutting all fibre out could damage your bowel. Insist you see a dietitian just to get some information for yourself, they may put you on an elimination diet. You could ask you chemist for medication to slow your bowel down, try speaking to the experts on here they will help you. Good luck. Your doctor sounds as much use as a chocolate teapot!!!!
  • Posted

You can get COLPERMIN on prescription and also BUSCOPAN

Your doctor should have told you this and prescribed them for you.

Hope they help you.

Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.