is acid reflux a peri symptom?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies, For the last week I have been suffering from a dry tickly throat that's keeping me awake at night as I wake up coughing, the last few days have felt like a slight burning sensation therefore wondered if its acid reflux or gerd as I think its called and if its yet another dreaded peri symptom I'm just so tired of being tired if its not insomnia or anxiety its now this coughing keeping me up ?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah,  It must be, as I have it too!  Started up last year with my heart palps and found out it was GERD causing my scary chest pains too!  If you wake up choking with acid in your throat...prop yourself up with pillows, do not lay flat.  You can buy a wedge pillow too.  Also, i stop eating 3 hours before bed.  I absolutely cannot eat spicy food.  Your doc can prescribe you something, however, I had terrible stomach upset and other gastro issues while on it.   It comes in waves for me, recently, it has not been too bad.  Not sure if it because I take an AD though...Good times!
  • Posted

Yes Sarah... This has been the same with me but it does become less frequent with timbut this use to keep me awake through the night... Ck
  • Posted

Hi ladies

Thanks for you reply's and tips. if I wake up to hot it seems to make it worse to, awake twice again last night feel so shattered again this morning, totally fed up with it! I'm thinking of trying an otc indigestion remedy have any ladies tried any and did they help.

• Posted

Omg I’m experiencing so my digestive crap. Throat scratchy. Heartburn. Which causes me anxiety. It usually flares up during ovulation week. Keep thinking I’m having gallbladder or something 

Hate all this. sad

51 and done. Started cycle at 10!!!

So comforting to hear I’m not alone 

• Posted

Same stuff i feel. I’m goi g have bloodwork

Done soon for hormones but i know my body and this ain’t fun 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.