Is anxiety part of this?? Common??

Posted , 9 users are following.

I don't like this....   I was doing just fine then all of sudden of nervous to go to my kids sporting events??  I just don't understand why I'm not feeling myself.  And it is frustrating.   I hope this goes away soon because I don't like being nervous-- uneasy feeling.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Kelly, im sorry that you are feeling this way. I feel the same way. It has eased up a little since the anxiety hit me 8 months ago but I still get anxious in different situations. I am able to do a little more than before though. It is your hormones acting up. That is one thing I noticed about perimenopause.....we all get the anxiety feelings. Its miserable for sure. You learn to deal with it though. I hear one day we will feel normal again. I hope that you feel better soon! Take care!
  • Posted

So glad Im not alone. I started having random panic attacks while making dinner every night. So bad I have to take a time out. And in the middle of the night. It just wakes me up out of my sleep. I hope that it gets better for all of us. I hear it does subside. But it might take yrs.
  • Posted

Kelly,

I know how you feel. I get anxiety attacks alot. I also have health anxiety, thinking there is something wrong with me. I can barely stand to be at work some days. I just want to escape outside where I feel less smothered.

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I am 56 and postmenapausal but sadly still getting some symptoms

but I find it easier to deal with through "experience". It is perfectly normal to

get anxious at this time, I had to leave the marquee at my son's graduation

from University, I felt so panicky and it was damn scary.

That was 9 years ago. You will get over it or at least learn to deal with it.

You may be able to find instruction on internet to help you or learn

a breathing technique which will certainly help you.

The feeling will subside in time but you don't want to be missing out on stuff

in the meantime.

Look into it I am certain it will help you.

All the best to you?

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I am 56 and postmenapausal but sadly still getting some symptoms

but I find it easier to deal with through "experience". It is perfectly normal to

get anxious at this time, I had to leave the marquee at my son's graduation

from University, I felt so panicky and it was damn scary.

That was 9 years ago. You will get over it or at least learn to deal with it.

You may be able to find instruction on internet to help you or learn

a breathing technique which will certainly help you.

The feeling will subside in time but you don't want to be missing out on stuff

in the meantime.

Look into it I am certain it will help you.

All the best to you?

• Posted

Sorry that went on twice, slow internet😊😊

• Posted

i have been fighting this too. its just aweful. i constantly feel very nervous and go into panic attacks. been going on for months. i tried xanax and it worked very good 1st few weeks. then 3rd week it didnt last as long anf i would get angry and more anxious as it wore off. i have read horrible things about it so stopped using it daily. ( i do keep in my purse in case i go into an attack that i cant handle if i am out of the house. but no more daily doses ) it did clear my head for those few weeks and i finally accepted what is going on is just peri. i have health anxiety and all these symtpoms have been overwhelming for me. i tell myself daily now " acceptance" and it seems to help. i keep saying i will get thru this.. its been going on for awhile so has to come to an end soon of constant bad feeling. my brain seems so weird all the time and out of sorts. like im getting thru the day but not living. its hard. i lose focus, cant think, fuzzy brain, feel like im dreaming kinda. and on edge. its tough. but u are not alone.

• Posted

i feel like im gonna drop and faint or go into a seizure at any moment. but i havent yet and keep telling myself i will be ok. i try to cut out sugar, i heard it help but i cant! i have small cheat every day sad i did stop soda and dont drink coffee. i guess one thing at a time. sweets next smile

• Posted

hi kim, cutting out sugar will help the anxiety attacks.  I know its hard to do, but this phase will end and the easier it is to get through, the better!  So, let the sugar go, you will be able to have it again in no time but will be doing yourself a great favor if you stop it temporarily because anxiety is awful.  good luck!
    • Posted

ok starting tomorrow! its my only weakness wink but i hate anxiety too sad i did notice a pattern of high anxiety after soda. even half a small cup. im used to having 1 a day, i dont drink coffee, but the last time i had ancxiety for hrs after so i quit that quick!

• Posted

good for you!  you'll be surprised at how much easier the process becomes once the awful anxiety is under some control.  its still yuck, but the anxiety is worse.  i'm back eating a few treats a week with ZERO anxiety now after cutting it out completely for a while.  Happy Days!

• Posted

did ypu feel like your mind was on drugs or something? just this weird feeling in your brain, almost worries me i cant take care of my kids. but my mri and ct were normal
    • Posted

yes, it felt like that.  thought it would never end. thankfully got through that part.  still dealing with it but not as bad.
    • Posted

The coffee effects me very quickly also. Sometimes it doesn't though. Maybe it depends on the type or brand having different amounts of caffeine. But, even going back to the same place I had an anxiety attack before will cause one. Crazy!!

• Posted

Thank-you for all the replies!!!  Makes me feel better and I just hope it goes away.. I have gone to these basketball games and sit with other parents of sons friends BUT still would rather be somewhere else..   I have noticed that on busy days with exercise my brain doesn't feel 'funny'-- but not always.   I'm also trying to eat more fruits and veggies to help rid of the sugar cravings.  Maybe being good to myself will help..   : )

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.