Is anxiety serious psychological problem

Posted , 5 users are following.

I already clarified my problem and my state of mind in the previous thread. Almost all of the comments and pieces of advice i have received are related to visiting a doctor what scares me so much. I am not sure whether i shall feel ashamed or admit and accept my problem and seek help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Joana,

Of course it is a problem. Don't be afraid to seek treatment, there is a social stigma against mental health issues even though they are so common! Get the help you need and deserve smile

• Posted

Well yea i understand but i think the main problem is that i don't want and i can not face the truth. As i lost everything for me would be very hard to accept that i in fact lost myself rolleyes
    • Posted

Sorry, I don't really understand your last post. If you are suffering from anxiety and/depression, your GP should be your first point of call. You've nothing different from millions of other people, you feel ill which is nothing to be ashamed of, therefore you go to your GP for advice and treatment.

some people have a weird view on mental health issues, more often than not, based on unfounded preconceptions. Whether it be mental health or physical ailment you should be treated the same, never feel ashamed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.