Is any one able to give me some advise?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im a 16 year old male. Currently my anxiety has gotten pretty bad within the past few years always worrying about my health at least a few times a week.

I always end up thinking that i have either some sort of cancer, sickness/illness, heart problem, head problem ect.

Any thoughts or replies greatly appreciated

​thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your not alone I'm excatly the same. It's hard to control the worrys you have. I think about it every second of the day it's tiring,daunting and can be scary too. I've had tests scans everything but I'm still convinced something is wring me it's taken over my life. All I can say is try cbt therapy but treat your anxiety issues ASAP because I didn't and it got worst and worst it's ruined my life and your so young you don't want to jeopardise anything in the future
  • Posted

Hi Alex,

Many people are suffering with same problem and i am the one among so try to cntrol your thoughts but it hard to do that. in futer it will worse and lead to depression and will worry small things and we will not able to do daily task.

My advise is to consult pshychologist and use medication or CBT as soon as possible.

because if it will worse it hard to handle.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you, i wish fast recovery.

• Posted

Alex, i forgot to mention if you have any smoking or alcohol habbit try to avoid that because it will increase the thoughts.
  • Posted

When I was your age my mother used to say to me "you will worry yourself into an early grave", which didn't help because it just made me worry more and more that the next day was going to be my last.

Then I bumped-into an old guy who really put things into perspective for me. He told me a true story about himself that happened during WW2.

He told me that he too had worried about his health right up to the time he was conscripted into the British army in 1942.

After basic training they were all taken to France to fight the Germans.

It was while he was in France when he met an 18 year old French girl and they fell in love.

Annette (that was her name) also had a fear of illness.

She had been gang-raped by some Nazis and then left for dead. She later became very ill with Diptheria. The British Medical Corps took a hand in hospitalizing her and ultimately she returned to normal good health.

After the war he went back to France and married her and they went to live in the south of England and had four children.

So I asked this chap how this experiemce could have altered his fear of getting ill himself, and he said that seeing all these people get killed for nothing and then meeting Annette and seeing her suffering and then get cured from a life-threatening illness made him realised that his fears were nothing at all by comparison.

He went on to say that after France his unit continued into Germany and was one of the first to evacuate the German Concentration Camps.

He said that if I had seen the real suffering in those camps that he had seen, I too would have realised just how lucky we really are to have good health, and that we really must not ever worry or complain about.

He closing words were, "If you want to see deprivation, starvation and bad health, in the worls then go to the places where they exist, because they don't exist here".

This was in 1963 and I told him that I was 19 at the time, and I asked how old he was. He said that he had been born in 1924, which made him 39 years of age at the time.

I am now 71 years of age but I still remember that chap very well because he helped to put so much into perspective for me when I was worried what MIGHT happen to me, and he told me something that DID happen to him.

The fact is that in west we are protected from so much, so it is unlikely that we might suffer with health problems, especially when we take into account all the others in the world who have and continue to struggle.

I think we should just be grateful for what we've got. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.