Is anyone else stressed about this virus?

Posted , 18 users are following.

just wondering if anyone else is feeling anxious and emotional during this virus situation? i was fine but last few days my anxiety has risen alot its not so much a concern of getting sick its more of the urgency people have my kids are home inwork from home they have tons of school work im bombarded with work and the concern about the stores not having items and stuff i just feel overwhelmed with stuff my head feels like a pressure cooker i feel like i will explode crying at the drop of a pin and i hold it in and now feel like im losing it like im crazy and my mom makes it worst just the constant i should stick up on food and stuff asnif we wont be allowed out of iur homes or ourvstores wont have food she is makung me worry more than i need its driving me crazy

0 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Rest assured it's not just you. This situation has all of us at our wit's end. My kids are also home with tons of school work. My husband is working from home. I'm trying to manage my kids school work, juggle between two kids plus phone calls, texts and emails from teachers all at the same time trying to keep my kids quiet and out of my husband's hair while he works. Not really being able to go outside has also been a tremendous challenge. The stress level has definitely gone up.

• Edited

I'm trying not to let my mind get ahead if me..my symptoms mimic flu like especially after a flush or when waking up it's hell ..idk how deadly this thing is all I know is we are on a stay mandatory isolation and pretty much everything g is closed. my anxiety is through the roof. I hope u nd ur family stay safe and we all get through this. menapause and all. God bless u

• Edited

Today is Saturday and it is such a beautiful day and we can't go anywhere. We are on mandatory social distancing too. I live in NYC so you can imagine it's been very weird seeing places that are usually highly populated suddenly become desolate. We can't even go to church because the President said that you cannot have social gatherings with more than 10 people. These are the times when you really need to pray!

• Edited

I totally agree with you to pray pray pray! Stay strong in your faith!

• Edited

does anyone else feel drained of energy and very emotional i feel so drained and exhausted like i will just collapse and my emotions are at peak ughh!!'

• Edited

Anxiety is sky high, it raises my blood pressure, no one understands, I'm going thru perimenopause and it makes it worse. Ive had flu like symptoms for months now, they say it's perimenopause and now with this virus to worry about, it feels my symptoms gets worse and I can't focus as normal. I feel like I have a temperature but I checked it normal, 36.2.

I'm glad I'm on this forum so we can all support one another during this stressful time.

• Edited

one of my major symptoms is I feel like I got the flu all the time. sore throat headaches aches all over the weird head. on top of all the other symptoms now anxiety x 10000 cuz this stupid virus. a I can do is pray for strength and let God protect my loved ones and take one MI it's at a time. hang in there be safe God bless

• Posted

Thanks for the support. I've been to the local clinic 3times this week, my BP is raised even on medication because of the anxiety, this menopause is giving me lots of different symptoms and raising my BP. It's so difficult and luckily we have support on this forum.

• Edited

I know jaynie. I swear since this started I've had a sore throat and all of the symptoms but it's just the worry from everything in the news. My hubby has asthma and he keeps thinking he's short of breath. It's all quite real and scary now but I'm glad for the forum and we'll keep doing what we do,....supporting each other xx

• Edited

I have to just keep.my faith that God has this. It's a he'll of a way to go ..i was getti g angry cuz it was getting very hard to enjoy my life cuz the symptoms have gotten so bad now this. we ate on mandatory isolation here and all this is very unsettling on top of the virus and tryi g to stay strong for my loved ones in top of just plain feeling like im already dying. Stay safe out there and God bless

• Edited

Stay strong jaynie. We are social distancing in the UK, with the vulnerable on lockdown. We've pretty much self isolated at home, just out when we need to. I've just been to the supermarket and there's not a lot there. I'm grateful for what I got, and being able to work at home. We should all exchange tips on how to say sane during a pandemic.... Im not trained for this lol xxx

• Edited

Yes, all we can do is to support one another during this stressful time.

• Edited

Hi Christina

I too work fulltime from home - homeschooling two kids at the same time. I am a single parent.

I am a journalist so I am bombarded with news 24/7 and writing a lot about this horrible situation worldwide.

I am an anxious person but my anxiety is not triggered by the thought of getting covid-19 - it is triggered by the huge amount of stress I experience at the moment. It is overwhelming and causes tension, headaches, heart palpitations, hot flushes and mood swings (my poor kids...).

I surely hope the great researchers around the world come up with a cure soon so that we can return to our new normal.

xxx

• Posted

If you are a woman of faith maybe you could write an article about that? Only a thought or suggestion the world needs hope and faith in whatever religion they belong to.

• Posted

how are you doing with all this now i know my anxiety us triggered right mow by the same thing working from home the kids plus i git period 4 days ago i feel wired lol and trapped it is crazy im so on edge and feel like if soneone looks at me i will cry im sure sone of it is probably from period its strange before my period i was fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.