Is anyone ever completely happy

Posted , 6 users are following.

We spend our life searching for happiness thinking that if we just had one more thing it would be complete. All these people we envy in life. They are probably not as happy as we think. Why is it that depression makes me forget the things I have to be thankful for? Constant self pity and worry it really wears me down. I don't think I have been truly happy since I lost my grandparents will I ever feel that happiness again? rolleyes sigh

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

great question, no we cant be happy all the time, things happen and after all were human, we have emotions such as being happy,sad,anxious,stressed ect this is why we are human. yes you will be happy again time is a great healer, acceptance, and letting go will help you. all the best, julie
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No matter how much we try, no matter how appreciative we may be, there will always be things in life that will make us sad, hurt us,... But if it wasn't for those things, we wouldn't be really able to appreciate good and happy moments.

Things always go up and down. Just as unexpected negative events can happen, the same goes for positive ones. 

After every painful experience I had, I asked myself if I would ever be happy again. When there's so much pain inside you, it's hard to see anything else. I tried my hardest to focus on small things that bring me joy and I made a big deal out of them. I realized that if I can learn to appreciate life more, then I will be happier, even if my life isn't what I want it to be. I try to focus on the good side of life. In fact, I force myself to see something positive. It's not always easy, but the more I do that, the more positive attitude I have and the better I feel. 

Sending you my best wishes and I hope you feel happy again soon xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I really cannot think of happy times.... they seem so distant but im sure they will return one day
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

No-one IMO can be happy 24/7. Life's not like that, it has it's ups and downs or highs and lows, like our emotions and thoughts. You can be on top of the world one day, then something way beyond our control happens and in seconds life as you knew it has gone, think of 9/11. I used to envy friends going on exotic holidays, designer clothes, £2,000 on a handbag, a friend who used to take her young kids to Lapland every Christmas. Mine were lucky if they got to go and see santa.

A few years ago I inherited a large amount of money and could live happily on the interest alone. I did all the things I'd envied other people doing. I don't work, spend a lot of time on my own. I can buy whatever I want, when I want. I no longer get satisfaction  decorating and changing a room as I get decorators in. I've a great husband, three adult kids, a lovely grandson and they all keep asking me what I want for my birthday and xmas. I don't need or want anything. I am however doing something money can't buy. All my family at home together on xmas day, and I don't even have to cook! Money can't buy happiness, that comes from within. I feel very guilty when I read some sad discussions from people who have no-one who cares about them, and it puts things into perspective. I try and count my blessings now, I've lovely memories of the 5 of us on holiday camping, sitting by a camp fire, no mobiles then, no facebook no iPads/tablets, just a young happy family with no worries. We had little money, but it wasn't a problem as we had each other. I'm constantly checking my finances, convinced I'm going to lose my money, scared of being ripped off and people who want to be friends. Hope you start to feel better soon.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Happiness is on its way xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you everyone you are so kind. It's horrible because I can feel fine one day and not wang to leave bed the next there's no stability & working is getting harder but it's keeping me focused. Love to you all xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up