Is anyone feeling Good with HT?

Posted , 5 users are following.

All I read is the bad.  Is anyone out there doing well? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I'm doing better. I am stable for 6months now was diagnosed in 2014. It has been a journey. But the key for this is getting to know more about yourself and body. You know your body better than any doctor. Any changes need to let your Dr know so he or,she can adjust your dosage. Also eat non processed foods, foods with iodine salts. And get tested for deffienciency. Like vit D, magnesium and total carnitines... don't just expect doctors to cure you with meds... but if you do that route it's going to be a long process... take control of the situation and stop eating bad foods that will trigger hyper.
  • Posted

I agree with everything Hypnocool said.  I was diagnosed in 2007 and my labs are now normal and have been for quite a while. I am on 2.5 mg of Methimazole every other day and I feel fine from a thyroid point of view.
    • Posted

Generally avoid the artificial sweetener Aspartame, diet soft drinks or sugary soft drinks, some people say avoid iodine, the Paleo diet is mentioned as a good diet for this disease.  Generally I am not a big meat eater but I will eat chicken and fish, fruits and vegetables.
    • Posted

Hi Linda

ANother question I am afraid! Mind my askking you if you gave any cardiac or respiratory iissues? What I am getting at and it may sound a silly question but i am really wanting to know if carbimazole or methimizolw is contra indicated in cardiac arrhymias at all.

Thanks once again for your patience.

• Posted

I have never heard of Methimazole or Carbimazole being contraindicated in cardiac arrhythmias, just the opposite because treatment blocks the excessive thyroid hormones that cause cardiac symptoms.  As far as a patient who has heart diseases like long QT syndrome or any other cardiac abnormalities, I would suggest that they get a cardiac consult and get that info from them.  At one point, I was concerned and did that.  The only breathing problems I have is a chronic runny nose and a chronic cough which I think is due to a histamine intolerance and a missing gene in my body.  My thyroid treatment has never interfered with that issue.
    • Posted

Thank you for this Linda. I am at the end of my tether with all this inaction .

Linda unbelievable as it sounds th cqrdio has not even answered te leter from the private endo on the drugs issue that is on the carbimazole methimizoe front.  I am really grateful to you for your time and patience and the trouble that you have gone to to help me.

It goes to show that there are decent people in this world.  Many thanks.

• Posted

I'm doing well too. Diagnosed hyper/Graves in May 2015. Treated with Propananol for racing heart/palpitations and Carbimazole (15g then 5g daily) for 3 months. Levels normalized very quickly and endo nurse said I could stop. I know this isn't recommended and I did query stopping instead of tapering but she felt it was OK. I thought I might be relapsing around Jan this year but blood tests showed things were still stable. I take Selenium, Vits A, C & E, a B complex and Omega 3 daily.
    • Posted

I would get my antibodies tested before I stop completely.  I asked my Endo about this and he said he would not take a patient off meds unless their antibodies normalized.
    • Posted

Hi Linda, I've just checked my last 2 TSH levels (Oct 15 and Jan 16) and both were back in the normal range. The first reading in May 15 was <0.02.>
    • Posted

All my readings have been normal for a few years now but I was still reluctant to stop altogether.  My antibody levels were normal too.  My Endo was going to stop me altogether last time I saw him when I had been on 2.5 mg daily but when he found out what I had been on, he decided to tell me to take that dose every other day before he stopped and I agreed.  The last thing I need is a rebound.  If I had to stay on this dose the rest of my life, it wouldn't bother me.
  • Posted

Thank you for sharing.  Just diagnosed last Friday and not on meds yet.  I want to blend natural foods with meds and may be accupuncture.  Glad to hear some are doing well. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.