Is fructose and dairy a issue for you?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have celiac

But fructose and dairy have been a problem dairy in not that worried about it just don't get the fructose

The fructose malabsorption test came back negative but I was supper sick during the test. Doctors do the know why or what's wrong

I'm getting very frustrated tho because when eat fructose it makes me sick.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Cut out fructose if it makes you sick. I'm surprised your doctor hasn't told you this. If the test was negative, it maybe was a false negative result.

• Posted

I have . Cut it out.. my dietition told me to but gi doctor hasn't yet. She's testing for a bunch of other stuff

• Posted

Are you feeling any better having cut out the fructose? If not maybe you have other food intolerances that may show up in the tests your GI doctor is doing.
    • Posted

I do feel alot better but there is still days where I get diahrrea and not sure why.
    • Posted

Has IBS D been mentioned and Bile Acid Malabsorption?  Bile acid Malabsorption can be diagnosed with a SEHCAT scan.
    • Posted

Perhaps ask your doctor for a SEHCAT scan. Bile acid malabsorption can cause diarrhoea and some people get misdiagnosed with IBS D when in fact they have BAM which can be treated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.