Is head pressure, headache, poor concentration an anxiety symptom

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey y'all,

I'm looking for some insight here. I've been battling my anxiety disorder for a full year now and at it's worse I couldn't leave my house or drive my car. I was a total mess. I've been working with my PDoc for about 6 months now and have managed to been able to remove almost all of my symptoms:

Fear of driving

Fear of going places

Sweaty palms

Chattering teeth

Tight chest

Hard to breath.

They all slowly went away ONE symptom at a time, the last one to go for me was teeth chattering. They've been gone for 2 weeks now but I'm left with this constant pressure in my temples, forehead and I believe it's leading to poor concentration (It's difficult to concentrate when your head feels like its constantly in a vice).

So my question is, is this an underlying symptom of anxiety? People have told me that when the symptoms start to go you uncover the original symptom you developed, and it's the last to go.

Anyways, I've been feeling like this for 2 weeks now and would like to know if this could possibly be the last anxiety symptom I have to deal with.

I am on 100 MG zoloft and 1MG Ativan 2x Day

Thank You

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, very much sounds like some of my anxiety symptoms. While I’m no doctor but from talking to others and reading other people’s experiences they have had this too. It could possibly be a side effect of the medication as well. I dealt with daily headaches for a while, they seem less frequent now but still happen from time to time. I had felt that pressure, what felt almost like zaps. 
  • Posted

I get this too...like someone's sitting on my head, pain shooting down to each temple, across my forehead and down my nose. The pressure and pain certainly distracts me. I find massaging the areas and applying heat helps the muscles to relax. And yes, I attribute it to my anxiety. Hope this helps 😊

• Posted

Hello,

I currently have anxiety and its under control now. If I can help anybody here I will because Ive been through it myself and its no fun ! Yes Ive had similar symptoms like irritability, panic attacks, insomnia, hallucinations, breathing fast. I am currently being followed by a Naturopath.... and guys if I can suggest anything, please go the natural supplements route because the side effects are wayyy less than conventional medicine. I am now taking Kava Kava capsules right before bed and let me tell you! I haven't slept so deep in like God knows when, I feel more relaxed than ever, less irritable, I feel mellow, drastic change compared to a couple of days ago. The supplements took effect right away that same night too. Im also on a diet because a lot of it can be related to your body not being balanced such as your digestive system. Im on a FODMAP diet, so far so good. Im not a doctor but just wanted to share my experience in case you would like to go that route as well because it could benefit you.   

• Posted

I'm in a similar situation. I had a whole list of symptoms, and most have gone away. I too had the symptoms you listed, apart from clattering teeth. Now left with constant head pressure, anxiety sensation in head when concentrating, ringing in ears and headaches. But currently in a far better situation that 9 months ago. I have faith that they (apart from ringing ears) will go away eventually.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.