Is it a panic attack or do need to see a doctor

Posted , 3 users are following.

Woke up suddenly with fear of moving heart was racing struggling to breath, once I was able to sit up heart rate was 111BPM shaking really bad scared out my mind embarrassed to collaborate help again after a panic attack yesterday please help sad I'm 22 and afraid I have a heart problem but the won't look because of my age sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been experiencing "heart issues " since I was 18. Justice thinking I had issues caused me to panic even more. I've had several stress test, ekg, ultra of my heart. Everything has come back normal. Do u have a high level of stress? I have anixety and sometimes I wake up just like that.
    • Posted

Been under alot of stress with health issues,very new to panic attacks though had my first one 2 months ago since then almost daily, earlier to day I had strange feeling in my chest that caused me to become very anxious since it made me gasp for air and feel slightly dizzy sad
    • Posted

Definitely sound like your dealing with anixety and having panic attacks. When I have panic attacks I get really hot and can't control my breathing.
  • Posted

I found out I had a brain tumor in 2013 I'm 27 now. I started having anxiety after my tumor was removed and frequently wake up shaking and sweating and my heart's racing and I can't breath sometimes I think it's brought on by bad dreams almost like my dreams can cause anxiety. I know it sounds weird but I rarely can remember my dreams. Also it can have to do with medication. I take xanax and if I don't take so much a day even if I feel like I don't need it I get shaky and it happens to me while I'm sleeping. But I would get it checked by a doctor it just to be safe.
  • Posted

I believe you are experiencing panic, becuase you were afraid to move to create further stress on your heart.so 111 bpm is not very fast.So a simple formula for your training HR is (220-age)x .75= 148bpm.So the fact is you should be able to move .Of course you should definitely see a doctor.They will gie you tests even with your young age.They gave me tests starting when I was 11 yrs old and on even though they always(the tests)came back negative.Seeing a doctor will help put your mind at ease.Do not be embarressed.you have concerns and the fear is real.People will support you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.