is it anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello all, well what a last couple of weeks iv had, my panic an anxiety disorders gone from 50-100 back down to 50 an shot straight up to 200 the way iv felt in the last 4 days. i as everyone else have bin to the doctors countless times an get turned away everytime as they put every sympton i feel down tl anxiety all though iv only ever had one bloodtest i cant help but feel its not anxiety. i mean i feel 50% 24 hours 7 days a week i havent felt myself in over 11 months. iv tryed citilapram made me worse 4 days ago i came off of sertraline as iv never felt so ill in my life an since have bin non stop dizzy an tired. i dont feel any medication will help but just want to see a light at the end of the tunnel, am i going to feel like this for the rest of my life? id also like to know how i go about getting further tests done like scans an stuff just to put my own mind at peace. is anxiety supposed to be this severe were it just doesnt stop 98% of the time. any reassurance or help would be deeply appreciated. thank you for reading

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear Kieron.

I am sorry to read that you feel so bad.

I could not get on with anti-depressants, however, they may make you feel better but they take time.

No medication will be a cure for what is essentially behavioural.

The problem is severe anxiety causes panic, intrusive thoughts and a feeling of doom and gloom.

I cannot advise you to take or not take tablets, that has to be your decision, however, it will not be like this all of the time.

Let me know how you go, my thoughts are with you. 

Christine.

• Posted

How long was u on sertraline for, and did u just stop taking it or weaned yourself off? As it might be withdrawal or it might be from the side effects of the sertraline that your still going through. Sertraline does get worse before it gets better and can increase anxiety and make u ill until it gets into your system, which can take between 2-4 weeks for the side effects to settle down and 6-12 weeks for it to level out. Maybe u should try something else, it's all trial and error unfortunately but I hope u start to feel better soon x
    • Posted

hi vikki thanks for the reply.. i literally started them sunday night at 11 oclock im on 50mg sertaline an decided to break one in half to ween myself into them, felt abit funny all of monday daytime but note concerning, i took the second half monday night an woke up feeling drugged up out my head, my pupils were dialated i was dizzy but uneasy on my feet, i took my dog for a walk an felt as if id literally pass out any second, so i decided not to carry the course on an ever since monday night iv felt so dizzy like if i lent to the side just a little bit more id fall over, my coordination is dead strange an keep having alot of visual disturbances, is this a side effect an should it last this long?
    • Posted

Yes what u were experiencing is all side effects from sertraline. It's horrid but it gets worse before it gets better. I would suggest persevere with them, the doc can give u something to get u through the nasty side effects x
  • Posted

I've been like it since April last year although had it 2 years before that for around 4 months tried allsorts different meds sertraline reboxetine citlopram paroxetine mirtazapine now trying a different class amiltriptyline been on it for 4 weeks built it up to 50mg got to get upto to 100mg before evaluating seems to be taking some of the panic away although bad side effects still feel ill every day dizziness off balance like legs so weak eyes feel funny like in bright lights or watching tv really strange although I'm not sure if this is the tabs for anxiety hard to tell I suppose its just trial and error as our bodies work differently it's really horrid I was diagnosed with GAD health anxiety social anxiety and agrophobia but getting there very very slowly

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.