Is it anxiety or is it physical?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have suffered with general anxiety disorder and depression for almost all my like I am nearly 19 and have had anxiety since I was 3, 13 was the age I realized what was happening to me. I have recently suffered a miscarriage nearly 3 months ago. It wasn't a steady mc either I was in and out of hospital for 2 days. My anxiety is a lot worse since but I have been getting dizzy spells headaches and feeling sick, I also have vertigo attacks which leave me bed bound. (I have experienced vertigo attacks and these symptoms before being pregnant) I've had bloods done and all clear blood pressure was low for a little while but all back to normal but my symptoms are getting worse and I feel as if doctors are not listening. Please someone help me?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had vertigo that was caused by fluid in the inner ear. It can also be caused by crystals that land on the nerve in the ear that effect balance if that is the cause you can move them by doing the Eply maneuver.You can find this on Youtube it is a simple maneuver and it may help it is the first thing they try in the ER.If it is inner ear fluid this will not help try something like Flonase and a strong decongestant for sinuses. hope this helps good luck vertigo is awful
    • Posted

Thank you. I have been told by doctors that it is that and I have had the physio on my head to move it. It helped and went for months but suddenly come back a few weeks ago sad they want me to do physio again but I'm afraid it may be something more than what they say?

• Posted

Could always be but try to stay positive and try some self help. These things have helped me in the past so it doesn't hurt to give them a try.I feelfor you as it can be very debilitating hugs to yousmile

• Posted

Since physio helped before, why on earth not do it again??? If it doesn't help this time, THEN think about what else it could be...Don't waste one minute of your precious life wondering about somethingwink you can find out right now, darling girl.

• Posted

What, your doctors are not listening to you. Get another right away. They should be up to date on anxiety. I know mine is. It's so common today,although I wish it weren't. I think your vertigo might even be anxiety. You have a history with this, and so do I. You are to young to keep dealing with this. PLEASE get a new doctor immediately. once you start on antidepressants,I promise you will feel good again. 

• Posted

I saw a newsy type show recently on which they estimated that  33% of people have an anxiety disorder. As of 2006 a study reported that 20,000,000 in the US alone were suffering from it.....and that's just diagnosed cases, and 20 years ago.

The medical community in most countries today does not have a clue. That's why so many here were never diagnosed, or misdiagnosed or sadly dismissed or even laughed at.

Many people here have had to try multiple doctors to get one to even believe them...that includes psychiatrists. I am fortunate to have a doctor who although doesn't totally believe, undertands me and prescribes what I need. The rest, including what my problem is...I found here.

Soooo, it is up to us to find what we need. A great deal of that will come from the great people here. The med part is up to you. I just "fired" a doctor who a few months ago did something that set this anxiety in motion.

I "fire" anyone, no matter who they are or who they think they are if they can't or won't give me what I need. If I am paying, they work for me. So, dear Kimberly, your doctor is out there.wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.