Is it ibs

Posted , 7 users are following.

I don’t know if my symtoms are ibs I’ve had blood tests and pelvic scan and colonoscopy which was all clear but get tummy pains a lot my toilet is hard sometimes then soft but not really like diarrhoea and after having bowel movement I feel so nauseous any one else get like this 

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's so hard to know for sure if it is IBS or not.  There are so many conditions that have these same symptoms.  What did the blood tests, pelvic scan and colonoscopy results show? 

• Posted

All test came back normal so Docs are confused to what’s wrong so they say could be ibs related I don’t of any other tests I should ask for 
  • Posted

What type of pelvic scan did you have?
    • Posted

I had a adominal pelvic scan of the women bits ouveries womb all that 
    • Posted

I'm guessing that's an ultrasound. Sorry I'm in the states and we have different terms. Have they ever checked you for diverticulitis? The diverticula in the intestines get inflamed and cause a lot of nausea and pain. I just got out of the hospital with an attack. I also have IBS and a bunch of other GI issues that my gastroenterologist diagnosed me with after a scope. The diverticulitis was diagnosed a few years ago after an ER trip. I wasn't completely convinced I had it until this trip. They did a CT scan with contrast and showed a severely inflamed sigmoid colon.

• Posted

I’ve only had a colonoscopy done and bloods and belly scan don’t know what other tests the can do over here how do I control your ibs and what symtoms u got 
    • Posted

I didn't know I had it until I went to my GP the GI doc put it in my chart. They gave e me Miralax and I have used it once. I also stool softeners because the hospital said I need to.

• Posted

Is moralax any good and u say used once what that mean what softeners u use 
    • Posted

I think it is ok. I just use OTC generic stool softeners.
  • Edited

A colonoscopy would also pick up diverticulitis. With IBS, symptoms such as pain termporarily improve after a bowel movement.  My IBS nausea only came on because of my stomach pain but not after a bowel movement.  My bowel movements changed in my first three months of symptoms and I got constant stomach pain. Now, my pain is in remission and my bowel habits have settled.

One of my doctors actually admitted that my symptoms confused her and she hadn't got a clue.

• Posted

Hi my discomfort does ease a bit when I’ve been toilet but it’s not so much pain it’s discomfort across belly button area then later in the day it’s right and left side pelvic the nausea eased of after few hours in the morning someone said to try cutting out gluten see if that helps so will try it can’t hurt to try it’s i don’t have a day without discomfort one min bowels hard then hours after loose we’ll sort of normal 
    • Posted

I didn’t do anything.  As soon as I got my diagnosis, my IBS went into remission on its own. I think it was down to my health anxiety clearing up.
    • Posted

I had a urine test, h pylori and fecal calprotectin stool tests, celiac test and ultrasound.  All of these were negative, so I was diagnosed with IBS.  IBS can be diagnosed when other causes have been ruled out. 
    • Posted

H pylori what is that and how they test for that I’ve had celiac test that was negative and so was ultrasound having another urine test done tomrrow as I had a uti few weeks ago dip stick showed infection but they sent it off and come back clear don’t understand that and bloods my white count was little high which might be cause the uti if I had one I definitely felt like I did antibocs cleared it in 5 days 
    • Edited

H pylori is a stomach bacteria which can be tested by a stool test, endoscopy,  breath test or blood test.  If you have it, it can be treated with antibiotics.

Maybe your urine test came up as a false negative.

• Posted

I went to a walk in Docs got urine tested then to my doctors for it tested again make sure I was on right antibiotics and they both said I had infection it was the sample they sent off came back that they couldn’t grow nothing so I just don’t know I definitely had the symptoms of a uti today I’m in pain near belly button feels bloated and goes to right hip 
    • Posted

Symptoms of urinary tract infection would be fever, pain in stomach, pain and burning when urinating and frequent urination.  If you don't have these symptoms, you may not have a UTI.  However, IBS can cause frequent urination because the bladder and bowel are close to each other.  I tested negative for a UTI via dip stick but I was given precautionary antibiotics which did nothing for my symptoms and made me feel worse. 

• Posted

I have those same symptoms but have diverticulitis which hurts all over the abdomen but especially the lower area. I also have cystitis which I would assume is why it hurts all the way to my right pelvis. I had a CT scan to diagnose the diverticulitis and urine to do the cystitis. I was in the hospital two days on IV antibiotics and took more home. They make me sick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.