Is it IBS? What are your pain areas??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been posting on other groups for a while now. Long story short is that I have been having upper left pains under my ribs that radiate around into my ribs at the back. I have upper right pains that radiate into my shoulder. I have lower back pains. I have pains in my lower abdomen. To an inch right of my belly button. Then it moves to and inch left of my belly button. I have stabbing below my belly button too.

I am windy, bloated. I have had loose stools for the past 7 months. These are ribbon thin, ragged edges but normal stool colour. Sometimes they may go a little lighter if the pain on my right has been bad. My weight fluctuates badly. I can be 8 and 1/2 stone one day and 9 stone the next. My weight day by day fluctuates by 2-3kgs. I can loose weight really fast. But really struggle to put any on.

I have some heart burn with spicy foods and if I take ibrofen.

I am vitamin d deficient - on maintenance therapy.

I am not suffering from malabsorbtion (ive been tested)

I have had numerous scans and blood tests - all normal. Including a stool sample for IBD.

I saw the consultant as it had prevously been thrown in the mix that I could have chronic pancreatitis. But the consultant I sae yesterday said no its IBS. He's doing endoscopy and colonoscopy to check but he's pretty certain on his diagnosis.

I have tried buscopan with no real effect. I tried symprove as I had read this is good. Saw no real benefit. I have tried live natural yoghurt.

Does this sound like IBS? Does anyone have any identical pain zones as me? Anyone have any other ideas of what it could be? (Gallbladder, liver and kidneys were all nornal too)

Thank you for reading smile

Gem

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gem! How are you? I'm experiencing the same thing since February. Consistent lower abdominal pain and diarrhea. The doctor say it might be IBS but still need to undergo colonoscopy just to be sure. Thank you!
    Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up