Is it me or my depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I've recently gotten in a relationship just a few months ago and it's been going great, she said she loves me and I said it back, but I'm struggling to understand if that's how I really feel, or if I'm lying to her and myself. I feel horrible, because you're just supposed to know if you love someone or not, right? I've been struggling with symptoms of depression and anxiety for a few years now, and it runs in my family. I'm seeing a doctor soon to try and get treatment, and I'm hoping that it's just depression and anxiety making me feel this way but I'm not sure. I know I have feelings for her and I want to be with her, but I don't feel that spark like you're "supposed to" when you're in love with someone. Is it me? I'm so worried that after I get treatment I'm still going to feel the same way. Any advice? Anyone out there feel or have felt the same way? I'm young and this is my first real relationship so I don't really know what to feel.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I’m going to the same thing I don’t get no sleep though My advice to you before you go seeking help and start taking pharmaceutical drugs go to the natural way first thing you should start doing is taking vitamins B complex vitamin D And probiotics Most of the time they will resolve your problems when it comes to depression these doctors won’t check your vitamin panels they’re quick to give you antidepressants in my situation I didn’t know I was taking them I told the doctor I couldn’t sleep and they gave me amitriptyline and that’s when my life became hail It’s a long story I don’t have time to explain it maybe in the future I just seen this come through my email I thought I should reply try not to overthink everything if you like or if you do a lot of things that you don’t like her doing her you tell her about it and she excepts it and changes the stuff that you don’t like even when you’re feeling depressed and down I think you should give her a shot concerned about you and is willing to put up with you and your depression and anxiety another reason to give her a shot Because most of the time when you snap out of your depression everybody looks better Not just people everything in general feels better And another thing I forgot to mention is really important Do a full detox colone clense And before you do colon cleanse get a deep tissue massage get all the knots out of your body stress Do this the same day you get your Deep tissue massage is going to really hurt if you’re really stressed you’re going to see what I’m talking about when they massage knots out of your body Thank me later

• Edited

Hi Em, You are very early in your relationship, and first relationships can be confusing and hard... for a moment set aside the depression and anxiety, seriously consider your feelings; are you pushing yourself into a relationship you aren't ready for, you can slow things down? Are you staying with her because you think she is your ONLY option or don't want to start over or be alone? Do you tell her you love her just because you feel like you should/need to say it back? Are you REALLY in love or is it because its new & exciting but, its worn off & you feel more like friends? If you are looking for advice, it sounds like you have some doubts....maybe things went really fast and now you feel stuck. If you can also try to decide if it is just the physical part of the relationship you are afraid of losing or if you have things in common, have the same goals & etc..and your relationship is deeper than that....if you're happy and get along, sometimes you have to let things play out & see what happens, if you're unhappy, have trust issues, are only together for sex, you need to evaluate if its fair to either one of you to stay together, only YOU can tell how you feel...be honest with yourself, maybe you should try working on your depression and anxiety with a DR and counsellor and over time you will figure out how you really feel....be honest with your partner and talk about your feelings, you will figure things out & putting pressure on yourself will make things worse...enjoy each others company & work on yourself, that way either way it works out you will be better prepared & getting your anxiety & depression under control is important no matter what happens in your relationship!!! Good Luck & Best Wishes💒💐🌈🎶♾💞🐾🍀☮

• Posted

Hey! thanks for replying, I'll definitely have to evaluate some things with myself and my relationship. i think you're right, it is kind of early to really know how I feel, but i do know I'm happy with her and we do get along really well. I think since I've never been in a serious relationship I don't really know when I've fallen in love or when I just have a crush. Hopefully in a few months I will know for sure. Thank you so much for your kind words and advice!<3

• Posted

Anytime...Good Luck, I hope you have a great relationship & everything works out for you both...BEST WISHES💒🌈🎶♾💞🐾💐🍀☮

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.