Is it me or the meds ???

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone

ok so tomorrow will be 8 weeks on 10mgs

i am a lot better than i was but still not normal again this is whats bothering me

i dont feel anxious i dont think but i can feel that my body is anxious if that makes sense and im getting pains in my neck and feeling sicky last 6 days !

im still feeling weird at times like lightheadedness and as if im in a dream

just not feeling right as such ! then sometimes through the day i feel myself getting really down and all these thoughts start scaring me and i feel horrible then suddenly i sort of come out of it

i want my bloody normal life back

what is wrong

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynne

Nothing is wrong, it's just your body adjusting to the meds. I have the same symptoms as you. Just give it more time. Eight weeks is still early. Just accept it and try to carry on as normally as you can, that's what I do. I am slowly tapering from 10mgs, currently on 7.5 for a week now but am still feeling the same symptoms as you. It's my body adjusting to the change. I am going to stay on this dose until I feel normal again and when I do I may decide to stay on 7.5.😊

• Posted

its horrible i feel like i an fighting some kind of illness !!

well i guess i am but i just feel so crap how much longer am i supposed to wait most people i read taking this are fine now

xxx

• Posted

Hi Lynne

We all react differently. Some people take longer to level out than others. For or some it can be several weeks, others several months. You are getting good times so that's a sign that it is working. The lightheadedness is the worse for me but it passes. Try not to worry because that will only cause more anxiety and lightheadedness is a symptom of anxiety too, so is neck aches. I wouldn't think of changing your dose yet because if you go up, it will be like starting all over again with more symptoms. You sound so much like the way I feel, my anxiety is ok but the side effects are worrying and that can cause anxiety, if you let it. I too have imagined I have something else but I get good days and that puts everything into perspective😊

• Posted

hi lynne, your on the right track, stick with it you should be proud of your self, all that your feeli now sound axactly the same as i had at some point, at 8 weeks i upped to 20mg, this is called the therapeutic dose where you start feeling better slowly though, same side effects but alot milder and for less days, good on you and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.