Is it my hormones or Zopiclone ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All...

Feel like i am getting worse and struggling day by day... but i am not sure it is my hormone levels or the zopiclone tablets.

I had a full hysterectomy 12 years ago at the age of 39, both ovaried removed. Went on HRT patch for 3 yrs...wasn't too bad.. but had funny turns... GP's couldn't shed any light so i came of the patches for 9 yrs.

Last year started having problems, UTI , which led to insomnia , anxiety....

Overtime this got worse with flushes and depression, sweat hands and feet... and numerous menopause symptoms...

Long story fast forward... have been on numerous HRT since then ... been sky high... been deficient and not found the answer

Currently on 30 mg Progest transdermal cream and 0.75 mg Estriol...

But struggling with bad bouts of anxiety, crying, being scared thinking stuck like this, no ethusiam in things, sweaty hand and feet, head tension...

On top of all this i take Zopiclone at night to get to sleep 7.5 mg along with 3 mg melatonine.... sometimes get a full night sleep, sometimes not...wouldn't say it is a refreshing sleep. Been on these at night for 12 months...

The only way i get rest bite from the anxiety during the day is 1/2 a zopilcone tablet....sometimes they work, sometimes only for a short while or can be ok for rest of night...

I seem to go downhill and anxiety gets worse in afternoon/evening ...some days take 2 half tablets during the day....

Is anxiety and other symptoms my hormonal imbalance... or is it my body/mind wanting the Zopiclone tablets ??

Anyone been in the same boat ? how did you sort ?

I cannot see a way out of this madness.... and not sure how much more i can take.

Big Hugs

Yx

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your whole body is out of whack. I say this from experience! Are you open to alternative, natural healing? Since the traditional medical route has not and is not working for you, I would be open to all avenues. You need hormones but I recommed natural progesterone that you can purchase from Canadian Apothecary on Adelaide St. It is a compounding pharmacy. That means they prescribe natural alternatives instead of synthetic which have millions of side effects! You will need to talk to them, have blood work done, and let them help you! Also you can get something for your anxiety and insomnia from them! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi l believe you should taper slowly of the zopiclone as you appear you to be dealing with tolerance withdrawal.Also menopause symptoms are horrendous however you will know for sure if you taper very slowly and hopefully things will resolve over time.
    • Posted

There are products available to help you in your withdrawal. Yes taper slowly. But the goal is to get off them. I took zopiclone for 4 years before I started slowly weaning myself. Took about 2 months. I feel like a million bucks today! Your body will thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.