Is it necessary to get a gallbladder removed for a stone of 3mm?

Posted , 17 users are following.

Is it necessary to get a gallbladder removed for a stone of 3mm?

At present it is not creating any discomfort. Can this single stone be harmful? Or it can be removed without surgery.

is there any homeopathic or natural remedy to dissolve this stone?

0 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, wouldn't think so. I've still got mine after 3 different scans. Make absolutely sure before you do. Even if it means having other scans. I have spoken to several people. There are good and bad, for and against. I decided to keep mine and after 3 yrs, no problem. Good luck

Daffs

• Posted

Doctors are too quick to remove gallbladders causing unnecessary problems like Bile Salt Malabsorption, a horrendous after effect of removal. don;t bother having your gallbladder removed just watch how much fat you eat and see a gallbladder diet

• Posted

Hi, from what I have read and have been told then as long as it's causing no pain and discomfort then let it be. Many people have stones that cause no problems and don't even know they have them. If it does start to cause problems then you can reassess then. I had my gb removed last April and had over 30 stones and 8 years of pain and discomfort.
  • Posted

Hi Shyamol

The problem with tiny stones is that they can get stuck in the bile duct and cause very serios problems to the liver. This happened t my sister in law, she didnt know she even had a gallstone as she had no symptoms.She ended up in hospital for 6 weeks. Shouldn't your consultant advise you on this ?

• Posted

If its not causing you any problems then you dont need to do anything about it or have it removed. If the stone are very small ask for alternative treatment such with medication or sound-wave therapy, they will or might refuse but you have to pressure them bcause they just want a simple job done and dusted.

Doctors are always eager to remove the culprit because they say that the gallbladder is 'not necessary'. If that was the case we wouldnt have it in the first place. Surgery is good, it get rids of the problem of pain and discomformt specially if its moderate to severe. However, approximately half the people with this treatment suffer from continuous never ending side-effects which is caused by the removal of this organ; just look around on the forums.

If you dont want to be suffering from these nasty side-effects which the doctors fail recognise once they done their job and got the pay-cheque as a bonus for each surgery. They will give you every single excuse that the side-effects are not caused by the removal of the gall bladder but will not blame the removal of the organ, and there is nothing you can do about it after that. (unless you're very rich, then you can take out a lawsuit but the damage has already been done). Don't let the doctors sweet talk you because most of the time what they say is all sugar-coated candy, they wont scare you with the real stuff i.e. after-effects of surgery.

Let me break this down...if you don't to be running to the toilet with sudden explosive diarrhea all through out the day and/or shitting your pant for the first few weeks and then forever for some other people I would suggest cut out all fat from your diet and eat very healthy. No packaged/processed food. Only fresh vegetables, fruits, very lean read meat and white meat and seek alternative treatment.

Another thing is, if doctors can remove stones from a more complicated organ such as the kidney, why are they not willing to remove stones from a more simple organ such as the gallbladder ?! They say because it will recur again but removal of the gall bladder is not the answer. They dont look for the root cause of it. Another thing I suggest you do is drink plenty of water to dilute your juices so stones do not form.

...beaware of ultrasoundographers, in hospitals they use students, and the press on the abdoment hard and that could activate pain, they did that to me but of course they deny it. Before the ultrasound I had no pain but luckily after weeks the pain is now gone and I have still kept my organ.

• Posted

You are right on! It feels great to finally find someone who shares my feelings on this.

I was rushed to the hospital with a very painful attack of Pancreatitis. Before they even did any testing the surgeon was telling me I need my Gallbladder removed. I told him that I understood his need to take his family on a Carribeon cruise but he wasn't going to do it on my gallbladder.

But my problem is if in fact I produce stones then I am risking another Pancreatitis attack which could be very dangerous. The question is it worth the risk to to try eating a super clean diet?

• Posted

Old thread but I'll post anyways.

I think if it's your first time maybe you could try a super clean diet.

I disagree with trex in some regards.

My diet has been very low in fat for a year now, I'm guessing the stones were from before, yet I've had pancreatitis several times. I'm getting mine removed because its gotton really painful, gets worse every time.

• Posted

Absolutely right trex.

I have 9.6mm stone in gallbladder and doctors here said that it is almost fine to remove the organ.

but it is stupidity to remove thay organ.

Instead whenever you got pain, just take pain killers and that's it.

may god bless!

• Posted

Very well put trex, I never thought about students doing a lot of these procedures.And I agree about drs just wanting their money. I paid for a second consultation & she seemed great, but as soon as I went on to nhs with her, her whole attitude towards me changed.
  • Posted

Your post isn't showing designergirl.
  • Posted

I very much agree with that 'designergirl12' has said, absolutely true.

and if things are not like before the op, docs give you bile salts to sprinkle on your food. Just imagine, would you be going to parties or meals in restaurants and sprinkly some funny stuff in front of everyone that would be weird.

And then having any sort of your favourite foods like pizza, burger or chips makes people rush to the toilet for a

'No. 2' - explosive diarrea. When i say explosive, its not just the sound, the whole toilet bowl fills up. I know because someone once did that at work a few years ago and they never came back.

• Posted

I know, Jane, they have cut out the link I gave.

I have a 13 mm stone and it is now affecting my eyesight in my right eye. It can make it blurry and the liver problems associated with gallstones dry up the tear ducts.

• Posted

But I will still keep my GB for as long as I can….

• Posted

Hi,

Just a note about links. They will not be approved if they are to selling sites and for other reasons like to competitor sites etc. If you want to pass a link on to other users but don't want the delay of approval or it getting removed please use the message service to exchanges these. I do allow links if they are generally of use to other users and not covered by content we have on patient.info but at the moment do not have time to comment on every link I remove.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Hi Alan, the link I gave showed a list of foods which were good for gallbladders, it was not selling anything to my knowledge and I have no interest in selling. You can buy stuff at the nearest health store. People often ask what they can eat to reduce symptoms and this was a list of good stuff like artichoke etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.