is it normal to feel like you are sweating all the time.think I am going mad

Posted , 3 users are following.

feel like I have water coming out of my skin but it is dry.feel hot all the time

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Suzanne.. maybe hot flushes is it... they come and go though, they are not all the time, they just come quickly last a few seconds or maybe longer minute or so, you feel very hot and flushed maybe tacky skin, then you can almost feel it fading away, and maybe feel cold after... .. Jay

• Posted

Hi suzanne i have just recently been diagnosed with menopause and this is one of the things thats been happening to me. I have just purchased sage drops Apparently they are very gd. You take the drops in water three times a day. Takin up to 20 drops in water at night if you are really bothered with night time sweats. Will let you know how I get on after a few days of taking them.
  • Posted

i have bought some sage tablets today.thanks for reply .nice to know someone else has this

• Posted

Grt let me know how you get on. As I mentioned earlier nearly two years ive been ill and it wasnt until I changed doctors that he tested me for menopause as my periods stopped two years ago. The sweats and the aches and pains are so bad and havent had a full night sleep in almost 18 mths. Back at docs next week so will wait and see what he says or if we decide hrt is best for me. Take care
  • Posted

Hi hope the sage tablets work. I've heard of them too. How long have you been like this?
  • Posted

Hi chrisy ive been like this for a year now with the sweats. First thoughts it was my thyroid playing up then they said it was meds for fibromialgia but eventually got diagnosed post menopause on monday there. So fingers crossed
  • Posted

Suz. bless you hun, so your post meno... 2 years no period you will be.... so ..... even post meno then you still feel awful... Dohhhhh I was hoping things improved then... seems not... 8/9 years i have been in peri stage, 7 months since had a period, i was so hoping you felt better when all done and dusted... 😦 dont we go through it, its a natural process yes, but its so annoying feeling this way... Hugs Jay x
  • Posted

Sure am jay. Two years ago since last period and then everything went down hill from there. My doc of 20+ yrs wouldnt even do the blood test. Its not until these last two months and a new doc that he did the fsh test and it confirmed post menopause. Omg you have been ill for long time and here is me moaning after two years. Never mind back to docs on 7th so will wait and see what the next course of action is. Take care and keep. intouch suz x
  • Posted

I don't know if this will help you but years ago my Mum said to me when I was moaning about the symptoms I was experiencing that it helped her to think that 'at least this will not kill me'. I have tried to think this way and remember that when I felt like crap, which is most days at some point. It has become my mantra. Just thought I would share. I think we can so often feel so useless in dealing with a natural event that affects us so much. I still wouldn't want to be a man.
  • Posted

Hi chrisy your correct we moan and groan and will continue to be sore etc and yet it wont kill you but if getting some info on how to manage the symptoms btr and for advice on how to manage our menopause symptoms I will take on board all the useful info I can. Im only 50 this year and ive felt my life has been on hold these last two years not having time for family or friends. Not managing to have fun and play with my grandkids so as. you mentioned yes it wont kill me but it will certainly make me feel better. You take care suz x
  • Posted

Hi Suz

i agree, yes we all know its a natural process, but we need to maintain it, like you Suz I am 50 this year and want to feel good as poss, this age is a nice age, and should be lived and enjoyed....

when you dont use HRT, I know I certainly dont feel 100% .. I try not to dwell on it and I want to enjoy my life, you only get one.. I am not a couch potato hence finding it difficult sometimes, not always energy wise..

for the sweats, try Maca ... Biovea have it and it helped me no end, i have taken it for years..

I am taking Vit B 6 too as read this is maybe what we lack in peri and meno ... and need supplements.. started a supplement yesterday... good luck ladies have a great weekend... Jay xx

• Posted

may be of interest to you....

Adrenal fatigue, for example, is a common secondary condition for many women going through perimenopause. B-vitamins support healthy adrenal function, along with calming and maintaining a healthy nervous system. Many women also suffer with mood swings during perimenopause. Both B12 and B6 vitamins aid in the production of neurotransmitters such as serotonin, a key brain chemical needed to stabilize moods and promote feelings of wellness and contentment.

For women who suffer with brain fog, and memory issues in perimenopause, low levels of B6 could be part of the problem. Depression, confusion, and an inability to concentrate are all associated with B6 deficiency. Vertigo, dizziness, and heart palpitations are also common complaints from women going through perimenopause. All of these symptoms have been associated with (among other things) a B12 deficiency. Vitamin B6 can also help with stubborn weight gain in perimenopause. It is key in the breakdown and utilization of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins in our diet, and is necessary for a healthy metabolism - both which can help manage weight.

Jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.