Is it normal to feel this way after 3 and a half months on citalopram please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

i have been taking Citalopram for the last 3 and a half months now I am having good days followed by bad days. Bad days consist of dizzyness, head pressure,headaches/pains, sweating, vivid dreams, racing thoughts, hot flashes, chest pains is this ANOTHER blip or side effects to meds or just plain crippling anxiety 😞

im so disheartened that I'm not myself I had full bloods back in October so I know it can't be anything else but that don't stop me thinking the worst. 

I have been taking 10mg for first 6 weeks and 20mg for 8 weeks.  Please help me someone! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty

Yes it's normal to still feel side effects, and also to get good and bad days.  The side effects will ease off in time and the good days will get more until the bad days go away.  Each time your dose is increased you'll get the side effects again which will take time to disappear.

Its so tiresome isn't it - such a long journey.  You're heading in the right direction still, and are doing well (however painful it seems at the time).  You'll get there :-)

K xx

• Posted

Thanks k, do you think it's just anxiety breaking through or just a few bad days it's good to know I'm not alone x
    • Posted

its just hard to believe that it's anxiety at the moment x
    • Posted

Its probably the side effects, though the feeling from them can make you feel anxious too.  All such a viscous cycle.  It's hard to believe you'll get over it all when you're feeling like that, but you will.

Such a horrid illness ..... sad

• Posted

So it can still be side effects even after all 3 months? The headaches and dizziness have stuck with me today 😞 just hope I'm not going backwards after I've had a good 2 weeks x
    • Posted

Mmm could be - sometimes side effects crop up.  Could also be if you've haven't had enough sleep, or you've been stressed etc.  I get ear problems from time to time which give me headaches and dizziness too.

​If you're getting them though along with vivid dreams, sweating, racing thoughts etc, it does look like side effects.  I still sometimes get vivid dreams and feel the heat more than I used to, and I've taken them for years.  Other than that, my depression has gone and I feel fine.

• Posted

Did u ever have fave and head pressure after all this time I'm worried it's a brain tumor or MS sad x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.