Is it normal to feel this way on Citalopram?

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is my 4th day on Citalopram and I am so tired I can hardly function. Is this normal. My Dr started me out at 5mgs since I am sensitive to medicine.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I wasn't able to work for a month when I started cit. But 6 weeks later it was well worth it. Hang in there. It's just the med talkn. Good luck
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I feel better today but I wonder if this is found to be a good day bad day type of situation
  • Posted

Hi, I take 10mg a day I was in them for 18 months and decided to stop a few weeks ago. Felt terrible without them so started up again 2 weeks ago. I suffer with feeling sick more than anything else, I am probably a bit more tired than normal. I know they will help me get back to normal after a while and I regret that I stopped taking them. Putting myself through it all again I am also sensitive to side effects.
    • Posted

Did you start out with 10 mgs? I'm suppose to move up to 10 on Friday. I'm somewhat nervous that the tiredness will really escalate. So far that's the only side effect in having

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.