Is it normal to feel this well?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I had a posterior and anterior repair 21 hours ago, I've had my pack removed and my catheter and I feel great!!

No pain whatsoever, even been out for a walk! Feel abit sick from my tramadol but apart from that, you wouldn't have even known I've had surgery!!! Xxxx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

That's good news but remember you must rest despite feeling ok.
  • Posted

Remember that you must still take it easy and rest, no lifting, stool softeners as needed and rest..rest..rest!

This is only the beginning to full recovery, please don't overdo it!! I'm now 10 weeks postoperative and I'm almost back to my normal self but I still pace myself, rest and listen to my body. Allow the healing to take its time! Glad you are feeling good though. Be blessed!!

• Posted

That is brilliant, and pretty much how I felt, but do take it easy because you need to rest for your body to heal, so I'd limit that walking to a bit indoors for a little while:-)))
  • Posted

I was the same way. I cramped a bit 2nd night but took one pain pill. Stay on stool softeners. I take 2 a day. I went the day I got home. No issues. Move slowly, limit climbing stairs, I did, just slowly.

I get to start walking outside on my 2-4 mi walks at 1 month. Yes, I feel I could do anything, but I won't. Enjoy the down time, you won't get it again. Find a great book and relax. I am active around the house, but rest a lot. Glad to hear you're doing well.

• Posted

Take it easy. It's brilliant that you feel so good, long may it last. Just a small cautionary tale - I was the same but crashed a week in and couldn't stop crying.Looking back I think it was excitement at having had the op (I was terribly nervous but pretending I wasn't) and then being utterly exhausted because I hadn't rested enough. Rest is your friend.
  • Posted

That's great. You are probably floating on a Tramadol high! It is a powerful pain reliever. It's obviously working! It is synthetic morphine. Remember that pain is the body warning us that something isn't right & your pain reliever is masking that so still take it real easy. Have you pee'd yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.