Is it normal to have chest pain months after GB surgery!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I had my GB out going on a month now. But from time to time I have horrible chest pain. It kinda scares me but I had a stress-echo test prior to having the surgery. Does anyone still get chest pain from having theirs out??? Also has anyone tried digestive enzymes that really work. This surgery has been a tough one for me. Caused me major depression and alot more things. I just went by what alot of folks said. It's a piece of cake!! I guess everyone is different. I work in the healthfield and we are our worse enemies!!! Guess we think we know to much! Every little pain means something!! lolol. 

Really appreciate some response.

Carla

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carla

After my surgery 12 weeks ago my GERD and gastritis came back with a avengence!! The chest pain may be due to reflux? My gp sent me for a chest x ray just to be sure which came back clear. This surgery is not a walk in the park, I was very down for a few weeks after and I am never depressed, been a journey for sure.

All the best.

• Posted

Thanks, 

I had an EGD just last week and everything came back just fine. Actually the dr. said he was surprised that I didn't have any reflux. Had a Chest Xray to check for blood clots. All good there. 

Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Carla,

I’m sorry you are feeling this way. It’s not easy and you are not alone. I had my GB out it will be almost 7 weeks.  I feel worse after the surgery, terrible nausea and sick to my stomach all day, haven’t been able to eat much at all and have lost weight. Have been very down at times because of it. I have gotten chest pain after but it has subsided. Hang it in there, we will all recover!💜

• Posted

I'm sorry you are having a rough time as well. Guess everyone is different. Just so ready for all this to be behind me. Especially with all the holidays coming up. 

Thank you!

• Posted

Hi Carla, I tell you what would be really helpful is for a Dr to come on here and actually tell us what they do with the ducts and how having the GB out effects the Liver and Pancreas functions.

GUESSING I would assume that with the GB gone, there is now injection of bile being served to the Liver or Pancreas and thus the pain in the chest is caused by the function of the Pancreas still trying to inject bile back into our digestive system, when in fact is now does not have it.  I believe this is why some people have to take anti acid treatment after extraction and why some people suffer with acid reflux.

Maybe someone in here has been told exactly what happens with surgery and can explain it properly because there must be a real reason why some people suffer after extraction and some do not.  Just a thought but that is what I would assume as when the GB is still there and not functioning, chest pain is a common part of the illness.

• Posted

Hi, Julian

Hope you are well. Did you have your gallbladder removed? If yes, when and how are you doing?

• Posted

Hi Josephine56147 no I still have mine in unfortunately and yes I am still a sufferer, I am surviving on diet control it stops the attacks but I get the feeling of wanting to be sick when walking, chest pain and sweating and the all familiar pain in the right hand side of tummy.

• Posted

So sorry to hear about your pain. Hope you get well promptly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.