Is it o.k. to change citalipram 10mg from morning to evening without probems?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am new to this forum and on day 5 of citalipram 10mg. Changed med from morning to evening 2 nights ago. Slept o.k. but today feel very nauseous and pains in stomach, also flu like symptoms as well as the depression. Is this the result of change in times?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I take mine all different times of the day, depends when I remember. The effects you are getting are just side effects on starting out taking these and should disappear soon.

Good luck

• Posted

Hi Carol

it takes weeks for your body and mind to adjust to the citalopram, and you are very early doors so stick in and stay strong it will most definitely be worth it , its perfectly normal for you to feel like this just now but I doubt its the change in times of you taking the CIT,

Please join us on the forum Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram? as so many folk there to support you that have been thru the same thing, have a wee read and see if you think it will help you, its a tough journey but better than suffering continuously.

Take care

Anne

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I have been on citalopram for three years. At first they were subscribed ( 30mg) for emotional depression but once I felt better in myself ; about a year, they continued the subscription to help me sleep at night.

Before taking citalopram I was on sleeping tablets for 20 years!

Yesterday I went to my doctor for wright advice; my weight has rocketed in the last three years and I thought it was the citalopram.

But I was assured it was not the citalopram. However, I am only now taking 10mg at night.

The answer to your question is no, I feel the best timeto take Citalopram is at night.

• Posted

I have only been on them for a year or so. Started at 10 now on 40. It's my first anti-depressant, so didn't know what to expect. I can't say I have had any reaction from them. For the first 2-3 months I didn't think they were making any difference, but I stuck with them. I can't say I had a "Eurika" moment or anything, but a couple of situations I have found myself in lately don't seem to have caused the usual anxiety attacks that they used to. I seem a lot calmer in myself of late. Yes I do take them at night. Feel free to PM if you wish.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.