Is it possible to start having new anxiety symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had anxiety for so long, and people say its not possible to start feeling new anxiety symptoms that wasn't there when it first came about, so that true?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No that's nonsense. Anxiety symptoms are ever changing like the condition itself. Whoever said that to you really has no idea what they are talking about
    • Posted

Thank you!! I went to my mom yesterday about some stuff I've been feeling lthat I've never felt before (shes a rn and also had anxiety for years!!!!!)she tells me they can't change
    • Posted

With respect to your mom, I'm afraid she has been badly misinformed. Perhaos it helps her manage her anxiety by believing this but its simply not true
  • Posted

I think the signs and symptoms change over time, and sort of reflect how you are or the situation your in (or even the medication you're taking to assist with things). Anxiety is a social-based condition, and 'the social' changes all the time. So, I'd guess that anxiety can too. I know that the anxiety I feel changes.

• Posted

I believe they change...and in fact very awkwardly! when i got used to my old symptoms my anxiety has created new ones for me...now i have a strange feeling where I feel like I dont connect or remember my relationship with my husband anymore...where in I do...but thats a very strange n painful feeling n gives me shivers! 
  • Posted

I too have anxiety and there are anxieties that add to existing ones, it's not like feeling a bit like butterflies in the stomach it's a physical thing too. People who don't have it don't know how crippling it is.
  • Posted

That's completely wrong victoria. Anxiety symptoms always change. Like if you read something on internet related to a disease you fear, you will start getting those symptoms. And once you overcome them, you will be hit with some other symptom telling you that something is wrong. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.