Is it safe to shave?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So today marks two weeks since I've experienced my first outbreak. I'm no longer in pain and I'm currently in the scab stage. I feel like I'm taking forever to heal. So I have two questions; when will the scabs be completely gone? There are still a few little bumps but no blisters or anything and a bunch of scabs. My second question is, can i shave or should I wait until I'm completely healed?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wait till you're fully healed.

• Posted

Will I be risking anything since there aren't any blisters or sores?

• Posted

Shaving can cause skin trauma, and skin trauma can trigger recurrences in some people. Add to that how healing or recently healed skin is likely more sensitive than usual, plus you still have scabs, it's probably best to wait a little longer, imo.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.