Is it Still withdrawals????

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys.

Need some advise. I stopped taking mirt about 3.5 months ago a have been through hell, I did previously post a message about it, I've been through ever withdrawal effect imaginable. But almost all have passed, except one, one very scary one that I can't get over it makes me extremely anxious and is now pushing me back into a depression. I feel as if I'm suffering from derealisation, everything seems not quite real, it's causes all kinds of problems in my mind, I kind of feel as if every day the whole day I'm in a dream. Thoughts don't work, I get confused, eye problem and my equilibrium is totally shot, I feel dizzy. But it's all bloody day, every bloody day, and then like last night at 10pm bang... I felt totally normal, like something just clicked into place? It's happened maybe 4 times in the last few months. Like a loose wire just connect and everything was perfect??? Could this be a withdrawal still? 3.5 months seems like a long time to still be getting them but I never had it before? Please please if this resonates with you please let me know because I need to k ow this isn't perminant.

Thanks

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Ive had the exact same thing,, ive been off it for 5 weeks now,, teŕible sleep, weird nightmares, going to sleep about 1 or 2 wake up at 6am irratable with half asleep bizare thoughts racing, some days constant anxiety and repetetive thoughts that im im going to go insane, but i dont fell that bad when im going to sleep,, and thers about 1 or 2 times a week i will get about 4-6 hours of clarity were i feel totally normal and think its going away and then i wake up in the morning and feel like sh*t again, i wish the doctor never gave me this drug, a week of coming of thos drug had the worst anxiety ever pacing the house i acctually had to drink 12 beers to calm myself down this is beeing off alcohol for 3 months it turned into a 4 day bender cause i couldent handle the anxiety so i think i might be going through 2 withdrawals mirtazapine and alcohol after binge drinking on weekend for 20 years and i only took the 15m mirtazapine for 2 months

Emis Moderator comment: I have edited this post due to the swearing. These are open forums so as per the T&Cs please do not use offensive language in posts otherwise they may be deleted.

• Posted

Hi Dan 

Hope this goes throughthis time!

Three things.  Prob not been on Mirt long enough, 2 months, needs time to settle. Really.

Sleep and sleep patterns  doesn't sound good.

Alcohol, Yeah the alcohol.  Obviously important to you and thinking about it. You did great and I bet that is the best you felt for a long time.

The three don't mix.

The pacing and anxiety:- Anxiety always with alchohol because we know it's not ageeing with us after so many years. It makes us feel crap. We want to feel better about ourselves.

Pacing:-experienced twice. Worst feeling for me ever.

Don't worry, seriously, stay off the mirt, but more import stay off the booze and try your hardest to have regular sleep patterns (it's up to you)

You sound like you are almost there-don't be a victim!!

Keep in touch- Heather

I wish you had got my first message.

• Posted

The doctor told me it was probably a combo of coming of alcohol and mirtazapine, cause ive never had anxiety issues being straight or sober but every time ive had anxiety or panic attacks is always withdrawing from alcohol or being humgover i had this same episode 5 years ago when i was constantly anxious for about 2 months , i went and talked to a doctor and he said it was alcohol induced and told me not to drink for 6 weeks,, all the anxiety disapeard in the first 5 weeks of being sober,, its just worrying me cause this time its taking much longer
    • Posted

Oh and thanks for the reply heather
    • Posted

Hi Dan

Try not to worry!!  I am sure it's just taking the time needed to get rid of the nasties(technical) and for your mind to formulate new and different, hopefully regular patterns.  It's been through a lot with the drinking and then an injection of mirtazapine for 2 months prob all over the shop.

Thankfully you stopped taking the mirt and hopefully won't need it again.

If the sleep becomes a real issue a trip to the docs might be necessary, cos it sounds like there are other sleep aids out there.  

I am withdrawing  from mirt at the moment, but more difficult for me is not having a drink from time to time.  It makes me so anxt and definately messes with sleep but I still do it...crazy, so I need to listen to the advice I gave you!!

I wish you all the very best.. Think you will be fine

• Posted

i was on it for 6eweeks all told,help me sleep after death of my mum,but im hasving pricly palpitations as i have heart probs,,and these only came on whren i took mirt,ive been off them for 2 mnths and ive still the same pricly paplitaions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.