Is it usual?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is it usual to feel dreadful constantly? I feel like I've had adrenaline injected into me all day - I've not had what I would consider a panic attack but I just feel like I'm so agitated with a feeling like my chest will explode or that something's going to happen soon. But I've been like this for over twelve hours and it doesn't seem to be going away. What can I do? I went to the gym but couldn't go much because I felt so unwell. I've taken the propranolol my GP gave me, and Rescue remedy and Kalms and done breathing exercises but nothing is making any difference. I feel like a complete idiot but don't know what to do!!!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

What do you like to do? Try to distract your mind for focusing on the physical symptoms you are experiencing. The more you are aware of it, the worse it will be. 

I have a sense of dread pretty much all the time. I try to keep my mind busy and not focus on every little thing I feel. I have been feeling pretty crap since the start of July but nothing has happened to me yet so it isn't going to!!  Even if my mind tries to convince me otherwise! 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. This has all happened to me in the past week so I'm trying to get my head around it all. I just can't believe how unwell I feel! It's awful. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but what a terrible thing to have to live with. I'm supposed to be going away on holiday tomorrow which I was really looking forward to and now I'm concerned something terrible will happen there. It's absolutely ridiculous! I'm actually really angry with myself for feeling this way!
    • Posted

Don't be angry at yourself. Accept how you are feeling but please try not to concentrate on it. You will have a lovely holiday. Fill your mind with lots of fun things. 

Acceptance and being kind to yourself is soooo important. 

There is a book and an app by a guy call Paul David - anxiety no more is the app and the book is a life at last - really helpful! 

This site is really good for offloading how you are feeling. 

Look after yourself but try not to overthink things (if only it were that simple eh?!) 

But you will be ok. Xxx

• Posted

I could have written your post myself....it describes exactly what I've been feeling pretty much every day for the last eighteen months....if it helps, I've had countless medical tests run, and they all came back clear....the doctors I've seen (and I've seen more than one!) all agree that it's anxiety. Difficult though it may be to believe, I've (finally) come to accept it....try not to worry about how you're feeling....there are many of us who are right there with you!
    • Posted

Thanks for replying. I'm not actually sure it makes me feel any better! In a way I think it's a bit worse for me (if that's possible!) as I'm medical - so my GP has even less time for me and thinks im making a fuss. I hope you're feeling a bit better. I'm resolved to getting back to being me as soon as I can!
  • Posted

Have you got any stress at the moment, worries over anything? x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.