Is life worth it ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

17 years, freshman in one of the top 3 SUNY schools and just got a call from my doctor, i have HSV 1, doctor claims its no big deal. feels like the end of the world for me. dont know whats worse being sexually assaulted or finding out i have herpes. feel like ending it all right now

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hey there!

yes it is indeed worth living, but your reaction is not uncommon. i was the same. is it genital HSV1? if it is that is better than HSV2. outbreaks tend to occur yearly rather than monthly. you might never get outbreaks! its ludicrously common, you may feel like you're the only one in your class with it but you certainly wont be!

when something i dont like happens in life, i find that doing something to counter it is always helpful, like learning a new skill or habit. so 3 years down the line you can say "if it wasn't for being assaulted/diagnosed i wouldnt be fluent in French right now!". a silly example i know!

• Posted

Hi it's not nice getting any disease especially a sexually transmitted one. But it certainly isn't worth killing yourself over.

I am more concerned that you are getting help with the sexual assault! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.