Is manic a symptom of peri?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ive asked many questions and my list of symptoms is never ending but has anyone literally felt manic before and after a period or if you were going to get a period but didnt. Like legit exhausted but you want to run 5 miles, uncontrollable thoughts racing nonstop in your head, random past memories popping up in your head, crying spells, anger. Anyone?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I really do not get a regular period anymore, just spotting once in awhile. But i can relate to the uncontrollable thoughts, crying, anger.

This to me, comes with anxiety and depression, and is the worst of any of the symptoms of perimenopause.

• Posted

Earlier on in perimenopause I used to get those symptoms before my period, and then shortly after getting my period, I would get relief. In the last year or so, everything is totally unpredictable. I never know how I am going to feel from second to second, but I have felt everything that you have mentioned (crying, rage, memories flashing back out of nowhere, total desperation, hopelessness...)

These symptoms are absolutely horrendous to deal with. I am just hoping that the end is near.

You are not manic; it's perimenopause!!

• Posted

Yes same with me dear

Some days feel like crying for small things...some time too much frustated without reason.

Some days past thoughts stike and made me sad.

Its part of Peri dear.

Read good books recall good memories when negative thoughts enter ..Divert ur mind

i start seeing good old pics to divert my mind.. try to recall old good days and feel relax.

tk

• Posted

Feel like that now. period started today. Can't sleep because of it. Double yuck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.