Is my depression back?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I'm 15 years old and sometimes I get random urges to cry and sometimes it's hard to breath. And I get these really negative thoughts, sometimes suicidal. When I was in the 6th grade I went to counseling for my depression but I was much worse, not talking to anyone, extremely low self esteem. It went away for a while but the random thoughts and mood swings have been coming back since the 7th grade. Is my depression coming back or is it in my head?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello fifie,

If you are having suicidal thoughts please get professional help immediately.  I know when my mood was good how frightened I was of myself when my mood went low and I found suicide enticing. Therapy and medication made me safe again. 

Please do not delay. I kept persuading myself that I would be told to stop wasting people's time. But that was the depression talking and total rubbish. I needed help and I got it when I was honest about my suicidal plans.

Please do not listen to your depression but to your real self. With my best wishes.

• Posted

Hello fofie65809.

What you're thinking and feeling, to me, are, yes, related to depression and the teen years can be very difficult in this respect anyway from what I know. But I'd just like to say, I believe you have a very good chance at fully overcomming this while you're still young, if you continue to keep addressing it the way you are now. It's good that you're taking the bull by the horns because when I was your age I lacked the maturity of inner awareness to be able to articulate my feelings in an accurate way, so I see it as a major plus to your advantage. All the best fofie65809, never give up, you're going to be okay. Sit down with a counselor or someone you trust and have a good heart to heart talk. 

• Posted

When I have those thoughts I think of how worthless I am, like I'm alone and nobody cares about me. But after like an hour I'll be fine. Sometimes the mood swing lasts for up to a week. I feel like I'm going crazy

• Posted

I totally hear you and can fully relate to the whole worthless thing, it's lonely. I have that as well. Do you have someone close to be with? That has helped me in the past. Also, self esteem building techniques can be quite good, too. And maybe some kind of activity where you can blow off steam as well. A sport or bike riding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.