is my heart fine . is this just anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am a 23 year old male. I've been having these dull kind of chest pains where my heart is. I also have the same pain in my upper left back been my shoulder blade and spine. My left arm feels weird. I went to the hospital and told them this and they did a ECG/EKG and an x ray and the doc also pressed on my rib cage. They were all normal. The reason why I'm worried is because I went to the hospital last year because I thought I was having a heart attack but it turned out to be acid reflux. They did an ECG and blood tests. Then when I went back to my GP he said that it still doesn't mean I don't have heart disease. Which confused me because I thought that they would've tested for that at the hospital. Before this happened is i used to get short of breath after eating and in the middle of the night and occasional chest and back pain. I also had bad anxiety since August this year. So I'm just curious to know if its anxiety or are the docs missing something and could it be a heart problem? I also feel dizzy and tired all the time and I have been losing weight. What did they test for when they did the blood tests?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

Try not to worry panic attacks with a little research knowledge are v similar 

but u r losing weight and I'm presuming u r not dieting and tired have you had your glucose level tested 

U can always ask a pharmacist they can do a lot for you 

if u r worried about your heart disease then request to see a cardiologist  Where appropriate test will be done 

• Posted

hi there.so according to google it sounds having a heart problem or having a heart attack.i have same symptoms.chest arms shoulders upper back.and did echo it was normal.its coz of anxiety.so just controling anxiety.
  • Posted

Hi, i am 27 years male and have had all your symptoms. I have had tests like ECG, X RAY and ECHO twice and consulted a cardiologist and they said nothing was wrong and it was just anxiety causing rapid heart beat race. The more you focus on it, the more you feel its your heart. Just believe in your docter and if you want more assurance just show your reports to a cardiologist. That's the maximum you can do. A lot of us people suffer from this problem. Try to follow other posts on this portal over health anxiety and you will find you are not alone. 
  • Posted

I'm having exactly the same symptoms as you, I have been having these symptoms for about 1 month now and they are very scary. I have been to A&E 3 times and I've had 6 ECGs 2 blood work and a Chest X-ray. I'm never off google trying to find what is up with me but one thing I have noticed is howany people have the same symptoms and have been told the same thing by the doctors "It's Anxiety". I'm yet to read somewhere that anxiety has been misdiagnosed and its turned out to be Heart Related. This is comforting at times but it doesn't stop me thinking I'm going to have a heart attack at some point. I'm on Beta Blockers and I take Kalms along with lots of Camomile Tea, I'm chilled but still get Chest, Back and arm pain.

Does anyone else find that their chest pain moves about? It can come and go in the centre of your chest, appear to the left or the right, between your shoulder blades and even to the side of my torso? The main thing I do know is l feel better with exercise and I'm yet to have and pain brought on by that.

• Posted

Just follow the thread "health anxiety" on this portal. There are a lot of people with our symptoms there. You'll be helped by their experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.