Is PMS really driving me this crazy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Is it normal for PMS symptoms to be different every month? I also have really bad anxiety, and "possibly" according to the doctors OCD....but the kind that I only think obsessively not the compulsive behaviors I guess. Anyways I stopped my birth control in April because all of this started in January and my OBGYN thought the birth control was contributing to my anxiety. Ever since then every month, the week before my period, I feel different. Sometimes I feel not motivated, sad, scared, tired, but I sleep really good. And then some months like NOW, I feel restless, can't sleep good, I feel scared and have weird anxiety and different kind of panic attacks...but only in the middle of the night. I just don't understand why its always different. Its like every month my symptoms are different and every month I get scared and start this vicious cycle all over again.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My pms symptoms change too ! Last months pms I was so restless at night I would toss & turn in my bed & still no sleep & I had the worst heart palpitations ever at night especially.. sometimes too I tend to urinate a lot, other times I have cramps before my period or I get cramps on my period the one thing that never changes tho is how angry I get or how I cant stop eating. So I never really kno what I will experience during pms & on my period 

• Posted

I am always really hungry for about 4-5 days before I actually start. But all of these other symptoms or non -symptoms smile haha start about 7-10 days before....I have had them start about 13-14 before....I don't know what to do anymore to get it more under control. 

• Posted

Hey my PMS symptoms always seem to change. I get it about a week before my period and i always get confused to why im feeling horrible but then it clicks that it must be PMS. I have the contraceptive implant, ive had it for about a year now. I also have anxiety and OCD wih the obsessive thoughts. I wonder whether our PMS is like this because of the anxiety and OCD?
    • Posted

Very well may be. I just don't understand how some months I lack energy so much its hard for me to go to work, which I always manage to, and usually about halfway through the day I feel somewhat better. But then other months I don't really fell "low" I feel more normal but the anxiety and panic and ocd is completely different. Is that how yours is Jessicat?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.