Is red blood vessel on the edge of corneal normal?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just noticed there are red blood vessel at the edge of my corneal. 2parts have it on the edge of corneal are under eyelid part, and caruncle. I'm worry it may lead to CN( abnormal blood vessel growth in the corneal cause of lack of oxygen ). It said cause by wearing contact lenses more than 10hours per day, use less absorbable O2 lenses or very fit lenses, Blepharirist, or inflammation... Etc. is it normal that Blepharirist have it? Last 2 and 3weeks I visited doctor cos I have eyelids inflamed, but beside this he said no other problem on my eye balls. 

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

So you've been to the doctor and he said, apart from the inflamation, no problem - did he check your blood pressure?

Did he give/recommend anything for the inflamation?

You could visit your optician - not for a 'test' but for an eye medical and ask if the contsct lenses were to blame.

• Posted

I have visited ophthalmologist, but m he didn't mentioned much. Just said I can use contact lenses when my eyelids inflammation cure.
  • Posted

kitty, maybe you should give up the contacts, they can't be helping your problem. what do you think?
  • Posted

Hi Kitty: My advice to you will be do not wear your contact lenses for more than one or two hours / day. Let your eyes rest and try not to use computer too much or T.V. see how is your eye blood pressure and your blood pressure as a whole.visit your doctor and ask him if he will recomand anything for inflamation.
    • Posted

He seems don care much, just said no make up up or contact lenses during inflammation. When I feel m cure, I can use. Cos he see not sure what is the cause.
  • Posted

Under my upper eyelids, my eyes are look like this. Sclera and blood vessels are on the iris edge.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.